NPD! Biggest ever!

RoboPimp

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

treated lumber. how's that {censored} work?

i've never tried building anything of the sort.

just wondering if you need some sort of buffer, or if treated woods really stand up to the elements the way the manufacturer says it does. after a little googling, there were even more steps people take to ensure the longevity of their structures.

• Members

most treated wood is rated as suitable for ground contact, which means you can bury and it's fine. in my experience, which is extensive, this is true. people take extra precautions, but that's 'cause they have a lot of time on their hands and need something to do. it's especially fine for a pavilion type of deal.

• Members

most treated wood is rated as suitable for ground contact, which means you can bury and it's fine. in my experience, which is extensive, this is true. people take extra precautions, but that's 'cause they have a lot of time on their hands and need something to do. it's especially fine for a pavilion type of deal.

yeah, I had a "pro" helping me and he said we were good to go. The 6x6 posts are sunk 3 feet down. This thing is over-built to the hilt.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived