recommend me a tremolo

JMR

• Members

I'm pretty open to whatever. So far I've looked at the semaphore, the seymour duncan shape shifter, the EHX stereo pulsar xo, and the hummingbird. I'm looking for something I could pick up used for under $150. Tap tempo would be great, but not a must. A pulsing LED would be preferable. I'm not exactly sure yet what I'm looking for, but a tremolo that could do both conventional, classic sounds, but still capable of weird, noisy effects would be best.

• Members

Like 65 bucks cheapo dude, it's somebody's DIY. I like it so much I got rid of my EA trem and ordered up a lune PCB from 4ms so I can build one with a better [vertical] layout and two speed footswitch. I'm planning to let this one go as soon as my parts come in.

In any case it can get really close to my princeton trem, and do that fast square wave chop as well. Really cool circuit.

• Members

layout and two speed footswitch. I'm planning to let this one go as soon as my parts come in.

In any case it can get really close to my princeton trem, and do that fast square wave chop as well. Really cool circuit.

ohhhhh, okay. I thought you were talking about the actually thing, which is 200-275 new.

• Members

I only buy expensive tremelo. And no tap tempo.

But I want to see what people recommend. I'm a trem fan.

Boss tr-2 used is great. But no tap tap.

The temvelope is dyno-mite but, not at all what your looking for.

Dr. scientist stuff is looking good. Shutter box, or stutter box, also worth a look. Seek trem.

....or save up your bones for the goatkeeper.

Something I would add maybe to your list is stereo out.

• Members

I only buy expensive tremelo. And no tap tempo.

But I want to see what people recommend. I'm a trem fan.

Boss tr-2 used is great. But no tap tap.

The temvelope is dyno-mite but, not at all what your looking for.

Dr. scientist stuff is looking good. Shutter box, or stutter box, also worth a look. Seek trem.

....or save up your bones for the goatkeeper.

Something I would add maybe to your list is stereo out.

information diarrhea :lol:

• Members

information diarrhea
:lol:

upon a second reading you are correct.

I meant, the tremvelope is my favorite trem pedal I've played. the boss tr2 is great for the price of a used one. But those don't have tap tempo. So it doesn't help the OP. Solid gold fx stutter box, is a nice tap tempo trem, that can get a nice chopper sound or a more classic sound. Other trems that I think are neat are the seek trem, dr.. Scientist, and goatkeeper. But I think he should add stereo outputs to the list of things he wants. its a nice effect that allows for some nice use. I.e. putting a delay after the left output and reverb on the right output.

• Members

upon a second reading you are correct.

I meant, the tremvelope is my favorite trem pedal I've played. the boss tr2 is great for the price of a used one. But those don't have tap tempo. So it doesn't help the OP. Solid gold fx stutter box, is a nice tap tempo trem, that can get a nice chopper sound or a more classic sound. Other trems that I think are neat are the seek trem, dr.. Scientist, and goatkeeper. But I think he should add stereo outputs to the list of things he wants. its a nice effect that allows for some nice use. I.e. putting a delay after the left output and reverb on the right output.

haha sorry, i meant no offense

• Members

This probably doesn't pertain to the op,but this is a great deal for someone wanting a tremolo pedal on the cheap.I recently bought one and it's a nice pedal to have for when a good no frills tremolo is desired.Btw,it supposedly uses the same basic circuit as in the Boss TR-2.

http://www.amazon.com/Copper-Electric-Tremolo-Effects-Onerr/dp/B00157DPDG/ref=sr_1_4?s=musical-instruments&ie=UTF8&qid=1308527347&sr=1-4

Ed

• Members

Fulltone Supa Trem

Shape shifter is pretty good, lots of options but needs to be modded - stock the Rate LED only works when the pedal is ON - can't see it bypassed.

Supa Trem just sounds awesome. You can find them for like $120 used usually.

Archived