Cheap alternatives like joyo ,Moen and biyang ,etc

rokinrandy

• Members

Wow neat pedals and sound good for dirt cheap.I pasted the video links below.

I'm in the middle of rebuilding my pedal board Ive been a pedal snob for years.But times are harder then way back when and things have taken a turn..

I watched some videos for Joyo pedals and Biyang and I'm rather impressed by the tones. I really don't know much about these off brands..And I question reliability and durability

At the moment I managed to buy some MXR and Boss the basic essential stuff for now..But I really need some verb in a hurry..I've been considering the Biyang baby boom.. I would like some other modulation fx soon for cover tunes.Perhaps another noise gate for my fx loop.

I've seen other brands like Altec and Moen and Muza also had some tones I liked as well..But again question reliability and noise,etc.

I didn't see much as far as reviews on Joyo and Biyang.But I did read where a couple people recommended joyo overdrives and say they are reliable so far..But Joyo has no verb pedals out there..

Does anyone out there care to share any experiences or recommend anything..

Thanks ahead of time for the help,RR

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yX-XRrofzR0&feature=related

• Members

Thanks,

Yea I'm not to impressed with dans..But was highly impressed with the biyang baby boom verb videos..Just wondered if they would even hold up for the price???Damn near botique for little money.

Those joyos had some good tones and didn't know you could get pedals with the parts they claim to have in them for that cheap..If they hold up live then I would probably keep them on the board permanently..Does any one play out with these?

• Members

Thanks,Now I under stand that answer.

I'm still trying to figure out;

1. Buy Joyo

2. Goop, marker, rehouse.

3. TGP

4. Profit!

I assume it is an inside terminology not to break rules.Or some kind of marketing tactic I'm unaware of ..I dunno. And don't know these brands like goop and tgp..I googled them all,lol.couldn't find anything about that stuff .

Some of My equipment was damaged and I need some cheap reliable stuff and a nice sounding verb is one of them..I just want to know if I should steer clear of certain ones or all..Or perhaps just buy second hand name brand stuff for now (hopefully no danos)and make real music.And letsgocoyote it definitely sounds fantastic .I wonder if the construction,workmanship and reliability matches up.Anyways Thanks much

• Members

Thanks,Now I under stand that answer.

I'm still trying to figure out;

1. Buy Joyo

2. Goop, marker, rehouse.

3. TGP

4. Profit!

I assume it is an inside terminology not to break rules.Or some kind of marketing tactic I'm unaware of ..I dunno. And don't know these brands like goop and tgp..I googled them all,lol.couldn't find anything about that stuff .

Some of My equipment was damaged and I need some cheap reliable stuff and a nice sounding verb is one of them..I just want to know if I should steer clear of certain ones or all..Or perhaps just buy second hand name brand stuff for now (hopefully no danos)and make real music.And letsgocoyote it definitely sounds fantastic .I wonder if the construction,workmanship and reliability matches up.Anyways Thanks much

There's a recent controversy that the Alpha Drive is a Yoyo pedal with a few resistors changed, the resistors marked with a marker (to hide their actual values) and the components gooped.

http://acapella.harmony-central.com/showthread.php?2794275-Freekish-Gate-2011-(here-we-go!)

• Members

Oh o.k.,

So then I take it the Joyo is so good that some thief is rehousing it to make profit..O.K.

Well one thing is for sure we all reap what we sow. And it looks like whoever that guy is he's going to bringing in a harvest of lawsuits..Or maybe even a good ol'fashion ass kicking.

Damn musicians have to be so indirect with everything ,lyrics and forum post as well.LMAO,I'm going to assume that Joyo is good and reliable then..

I'd like to hear about any issues with biyang reverb as well

As well as Altec, Beta Aivin, Moen.. But if I find them for 30 bucks And a good demo I'll buy it... I guess ???I'll go on stage with my fingers crossed until I get some cash in my pocket.Guess I'll have to learn from personal experience on this.Thanks everyone

• Members

joyo stuff is awesome, theyre rebranded as harley benton and sold by thomann in the eu. I bought a california sound and it sounds great, at the past few rehearsals I've had I used it into a keyboard amp and got a much better sound than using any guitar amps that were kicking around at the rehearsal spot - Marshall MGs and other cheap SS jobbies.

I think I'm going to pick up the crunch box clone they do as well at some point.

Archived