Wow... Just... wow. (more Alpha Drive/Freekish-gate content...)

• Members

The Mod Scott Peterson just posted this on TGP :facepalm::eek::

Due to possible legal action we cannot allow further discussion of Freekish Blues FX company or their pedals,

Thank you for understanding while this situation is worked out.

All... and I mean ALL Freekish Blues threads have been deleted... :lol:

Also... on a similar note... I posted this on another FS thread, where some douche was trying to sell his Alpha Drive:

"Alpha Drive..... lulz...."

... and then got a warning from both Moderators... freaking funny stuff.

Has anything to this 'scale' happened before in the effects world? First their employees pose as random posters pumping their products, and then we find out pretty much all of their products are actually other pedals entirely... Or am I just naive? I mean, I know there are a lot of 'rip-offs' and Klones and T00bscreamers out there.... but I honestly haven't heard of any pedal company actually using someone else's pedals - not just as their platform, but as their actual pedals :freak:...

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Yeah the moderators are douchebags over there. This thread (http://www.thegearpage.net/board/showthread.php?t=914542) was started right after the whole Freekish thing got deleted from their forum, and it's clearly just the maker of Freekish pedals trying to start some {censored} by implicating other pedal makers to take the heat off himself. I mentioned that and was told to stop arguing and to never bring up that topic again and threatened with infractions. LOL.

• Members

TGP is just covering their asses.

They want to be able to say that they controlled their forum and deleted all slanderous talk.

Phil is doing what the mods at TGP should have done, which is not even weigh in on the subject or even enter the threads.

That way HCFX can say that they had no idea these threads were even here, and it still allows us to talk about it freely.

at least that's how I see it?

• Members

After receiving the warning from Scott Peterson for my comment in the FS thread, I had this PM exchange with him... my jaw hit the floor:

I think you were a bit out of line. the guy selling the pedal was taken, he was ripped off It wasn't his fault, you don't got to rub it in ya know?

• Members

I think you were a bit out of line. the guy selling the pedal was taken, he was ripped off It wasn't his fault, you don't got to rub it in ya know?

Wait... I don't have to rub it in that he's trying to scam someone else now?? :confused: So what you're saying is that if you get ripped off, it's okay for you to rip off someone else with the same pedal? :poke::facepalm:

• Members

TGP is just covering their asses.

They want to be able to say that they controlled their forum and deleted all slanderous talk.

Phil is doing what the mods at TGP should have done, which is not even weigh in on the subject or even enter the threads.

That way HCFX can say that they had no idea these threads were even here, and it still allows us to talk about it freely.

at least that's how I see it?

I'd guess that Phil isn't even aware of any of this.

• Members

I want a pedalboard like the one with the eight DS-1's, except with Alpha Drives. Toan for daiz.

Any one naive of the whole situation now would have had to be living under a rock.

Or living under the impression that there's nothing wrong with Freekish Blues, seeing as everything about them on TGP has been deleted. And we have you to thank for it, Scott Peterson.

• Members

I want a pedalboard like the one with the eight DS-1's, except with Alpha Drives. Toan for daiz.

Or living under the impression that there's nothing wrong with Freekish Blues,
seeing as everything about them on TGP has been deleted
. And we have you to thank for it, Scott Peterson.

Exactly what I told Scott.

But he responded and said, "they're not deleted, just removed from public view until we get it straightened out with our lawyers..." freaking bs!! :rolleyes:

• Members

You know as much as I'm all for freedom of speech, on my forum (see sig) we started that thing up as a totally free environment where people could say what they want and suffer the consequences themselves, and it didn't work. I got threatened with legal action, and being that our site is not for profit, that was pretty scary on my part. I didn't have the money to fight the battle, and I ended up having to remove the offending posts.

I fought it as far as I could, talked on the phone with the dude's lawyer, told him that if he's sueing me then I have a counter claim to sue him right back. he agreed, but said his client was prepared to take that risk unless we removed the content in question. If I'd had the money to fight it, I would. Believe me the guy is a **** and everything that was said is entirely true, but I just didn't have it in me to lose everything I had over an internet feud.

It pained me to remove the content, it went against everything I believed in, but for the sake of my family I couldn't afford to leave it up.

Now as a forum user I agree entirely with what everyone is saying about these Freakish Blues guys, but as a forum owner I can actually sympathise with the TGP guys. And I hate admitting that, because I hate the TGP guys.

Archived