DL-4 style looping?

JMR

• Members

Are there any other pedals that can do on-the-fly-style looping like the DL-4? I'd love a looper that was basically just a more developed DL-4 style looper, since that's all I use the DL-4 for mostly. The analog sims are weak compared to my EHX Deluxe Memory Boy and the stutters suck compared to the DD-3 and DODs I've tried (and am gassing for). Just wondering out of curiosity.

• Members

that occurred to me, BUT

A.) Can it do the slowed down/ sped up tape sounds the DL-4 can?

B.) Does it have a "Play Once" option or something along those lines I can use to stutter loops?

C.) How's the oscillation (although this isn't too important, if I want cool oscillations, an expression pedal for the DMB would do best).

• Members

A) No

B) No

C) Doesn't oscillate

Still a great looper though.

Also, in before M9.

I think if you want a Dl4-style looper, the DL4 or M9 are good bets. Analog sims not as good as actual analog? What a shock!

Seriously, I use the Headrush for looping, Ibanez AD99 for subtle and EHX memory toy for edge of oscillation sounds. Each does what it does really, really well. IMHO you can't find pedals that do absolutely everything unbelievably well

Steve

• Members

I liked the M9 for the

a) twice as long loop time

b) undo feature

c) separate half time and reverse buttons

That said, for the different songs I write I also use the Rang III, Jamman Stereo, and Capistan looper.

I still craft most of my songs on the M9 looper, and then depending on what I want the song to do (parts fade in and out not necessarily top layer - rang | longer initial loop time or saved loop - jamman, layers change in modulation or saturation over time - capistan) decide from there what I want to use.

For simple on the fly, the M9/DL4 has always been my choice. Most band looping is done with it.

Archived