Best sounding Filters on newest Workstations?

tangerine

• Members

With all due respect ... how can one "think" something is best "beyond a shadow of a doubt?"

If that's how you strongly feel or the facts are so obvious, there's no need for that qualifier which is completely at odds with the rest of your statement ...

Just sayin' ... Be a manl Step up for the Kurz without qualifiers !!!

• Members

Not having heard any of them, I would expect something on the lines of

Kurzweil, Roland, Korg, Yamaha

From least bland to most bland - with korg and yamaha being as bland as each other.

Actually - not quite true - I did have a play with an M3 briefly - positively anemic, but then interesting souding filters on a rompler can be as much a curse as a blessing.

• Members

As far as I'm concerned, none of the above. But they're all good for having a variety of passable sounds.

I've tried the Motifs and the Fantoms, They're cool if you're a live player and need good sounds at your fingertips. I recently sold my Fantom G, the latest and the greatest(?) It's a great board and I came up with a good 40 song ideas. I never had any problems with the sequencer that other users complained about. But I mainly used it for putting together patterns.

I decided to replace the new with some vintage. I picked up an Arp Pro Soloist, Yamaha YC-45D combo organ and a Hohner Clavinet Pianet Duo. I realized I already have the original analog synths the Fantom is trying to emulate. I couldn't be happier about the gear change up.

Archived