Anyone using the Ibanez 60's Fuzz?

onyxrhino

• Members

Picked one of these up for cheap about a month ago. I've been really enjoying it ever since. It's got a nice sound to it. It's a muff but it seems tighter, less hissy, and maybe a bit woolier than the EHX reissues I've tried. It seems like a great cheap pedal I never hear anyone talk about and I was wondering if anyone else was using it?

• Members

Apparently Mark Arm used to use one; when I found that out, I was interested, but could never find anything out about them.

all I know is that it's apparently very similar circuit-wise to the old Ibanez OD-850, which was also a Big Muff type of pedal.

• Members

It's actually the same circuit as the square switch OD-850... but with totally different components.

It still sounds good, especially for the $30-$45 you're likely to get one for, but the OD-850 is probably the BEST all around Muff I have ever played.

check this thread for some ultra nerdiness about those pedals:

http://stompboxes.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=9443

• Members

I own one and I think it's quite decent for what I paid...

the contruction is solid enough... I trust the soundtank switches more than the tone-lock ones

Here's Ibanez' description of the pedal:

"Buzz saw" overdrive based on the classic fuzz pedals from the 60's and 70's. Also useful for "Brit-pop" style distortion.

• Members

It's actually the same circuit as the square switch OD-850... but with totally different components.

It still sounds good, especially for the $30-$45 you're likely to get one for, but the OD-850 is probably the BEST all around Muff I have ever played.

check this thread for some ultra nerdiness about those pedals:

DAMN YOU ED! NOW I NEED ONE!

Archived