Chinese Democracy: What do you think?

Palaver

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Also, the guy has a history of showing up late and/or leaving shows early. And there's always the possibility he might not even show up at all.

Next.

Yup. I remember back in the late 80s, early 90s, he just about incited riots regularly by routinely abusing his fans. I also remember him insulting Iron Maiden after they invited him to be on the bill at MoR at Donnington. Complete tosser.

• Members

Anyone hear about the incident between him and Motley Crue in the late 80's? Can't remember the details but basically he talked a bunch of {censored} and Vince Neil wanted to fight him mano e mano. It was all organised to take place in some LA location, heaps of people turned up to witness it and Vince showed up early ready to pound the little prima dona into dust but whaddayaknow Axl don't show. To be fair Vince Neil is like 6'5 and Axl is like 5'5 but still, he is well known to be a poser with a big mouth who can't back it up. Detailed in "the dirt", the book about Motley Crue and their hedonistic excesses, one of the greatest books about rock n roll lifestyle ever written.

Crap band, brilliant book.

• Members

Also, the guy has a history of showing up late and/or leaving shows early. And there's always the possibility he might not even show up at all.

Next.

Since I play at a lot of venues, I always ask the stagehands who they liked working with and who they didnt. Axl Rose is always the first they mention in the "didn't" department. Reba McEntire is second which surprises me since she looks nice on TV.

Personally, I think Axl Rose is quite possibly the most overrated musician in the history of mankind.

• Members

ask the stagehands who they liked working with and who they didnt

George michael is very unpopular with the roadies I've talked to, apparently makes it known that eye contact is not allowed let alone conversation. Doesn't like to associate with or be bothered by commoners.

• Members

If I were playing behind those vocals, I'd wear a bucket over my head too. Could Jimmy Fallon be more kiss ass than that? Impossible. Introducing them he says "There like one of my favorite bands of all time", then afterwards he says he's never seen them before. Axl's comments about "Chinese Democracy" at the end are hilarious, both at the time and even more so now.

• Members

Maybe he just couldn't hear himself. There were no stage monitors, so he must have had in-ear or nothing.

Very true. That's why I'm willing to hear any report that he can hit the notes. A lot of screamers trash their voice in their 20s-30s, so there's nothing left but a raspy, shattered voice an octave or two below their hits.

• Members

George michael is very unpopular with the roadies I've talked to, apparently makes it known that eye contact is not allowed let alone conversation. Doesn't like to associate with or be bothered by commoners.

Not a big surprise.

I've played with hundreds of "entertainers" in their backing string session. Most have been very nice and very pro. Ray Charles was a dick, which really disappointed me. The ones I was most impressed with (as people) were Johnny Cash, Henry Mancini and Donny Osmond. Brian Wilson was kinda strange, but didnt have any attitude at all.

Opera people tend to be the worst. I don't know why, I guess it is part of their community that rudeness and divadom are the norm.

Classical people do it too. Check out this idiot, he walked out on the Boston Symphony because his picture wasnt out front but the solo cellist's was:

http://www.boston.com/ae/music/articles/2008/11/22/miffed_at_bso_famed_maestro_backs_out/

• Members
Hmm.

-- Headphones: Check.

-- all-you-can eat music service: Check.

-- Service has Brahms: Check.

-- Knows absolutely no Brahms whatsoever: Check.

Ears, prepare for education...

*click*

The last mvmt is where it's at. :thu: The melody is about 2 minutes in.:cool:

Archived