why aren't there more Colorsound Overdriver clones

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

since I've added the master volume to mine, I can use it as a clean boost, eq, overdrive and lastley a fuzz. I don't know of any other pedal that covers the same ground. without the master, I wouldn't be able to use at all.

014.jpg

That seems like a pretty legit option. Is your master right before the the output?

• Members
I want to use it for the fluid, searing, sexual glory that it sounds like through a cranked BF Fender, but without taking my volume to torn-speaker territory.

Give me 15 minutes and I'll give you satisfying.

That seems like a pretty legit option. Is your master right before the the output?[/QUOTE]

yeah, right before the output, works great.

• Members

CLIPS PLEASE
:thu:

Duderanimous aka Mr Monsterpiece is the man to ask for clips as the pedal you see here is still on the other side of the pond to me...I believe he was also making himself one. If this is the only one in existence, I'd be happy for it to be used for a soundclip before it starts it's journey to me.

• Members

Why is it perfectly ok to clone a Colorsound, but as soon as someone mentions a Klon clone, or certain other brands/makers, everyone flips out about how you shouldn't rip off the builders. I think there is a double standard going on here at HC.

nah, you just missed the memo. We're all pro-clone now.

• 6 years later...
  • Members

Prescription Electronics, won every show out. They're not in business any more, but available quite often..It's been my go to for years. I now have 2 spares (because not having one on my pedal board, would put me in a panic state, haha)..... I'm a player "sessions/tours" in Nashville. The opinions in town are, that the PE sounds closer to the originals than the Colorsound re-issues and it does have a volume and drive setting, unlike the ones from the 70's, but like the Colorsound re-issues also have..The re-issues and the Throbak brand, are said to be smoother; to smooth, compared to the originals..PE overdriver has more character, and is more raw, like the original 70's Colorsound,w/the added master volume, being the only circuit difference..I can't agree or disagree about the re-issues, I personally haven't demoed one..But I know several guys who sold there Throbaks to get the PE version..And to me, it does blows the Throbak away. Throbak has to many circuit options and changes..Germanium option, input gain and so on..There all great, because of the phenomenal circuit. And the guitar clean-up is phenomenal, making this circuit usable for every style of music. But there you go...Opinions from Music City (it's not just country music)..The rock seen is now, the new Brooklyn

Archived