I'll be making an appearance in Pittsburgh, PA - you know something I should see?

hangwire

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

id start by stopping by a gunstore and getting a 45. - assuming youre white.

Oh please, Pittsburgh is hardly that bad.

Backstage is cool, but I never found anything there of interest to me besides a couple pedals and some overpriced Hiwatts, Hagstroms and Reverands.

Pianos N Stuff is cool though. 3 levels of great gear for pretty good prices, and oodles of pedals.

Pittsburgh Guitars on Carson is cool too. Nice selection of Hamers, Hagstroms, Eastwoods (lots of Airlines and a GP when I was there last weekend), a few PRS and some decent pedals.

Guitar Center in Monroeville is actually worth a trip as well. Once in awhile you'll see some great used stuff. I just snagged a sweet Carvin there for $750. There is another in Robinson, but every time I've gone there the guys working have been total {censored}ing morons. Took them 15 minutes once while hooking up a volume/wah pedal for them to realize it was broken. :facepalm:

• Members

Pittsburgh Guitars on Carson is cool too. Nice selection of Hamers, Hagstroms, Eastwoods (lots of Airlines and a GP when I was there last weekend), a few PRS and some decent pedals.

Guitar Center in Monroeville is actually worth a trip as well. Once in awhile you'll see some great used stuff. I just snagged a sweet Carvin there for $750. There is another in Robinson, but every time I've gone there the guys working have been total {censored}ing morons. Took them 15 minutes once while hooking up a volume/wah pedal for them to realize it was broken.
:facepalm:

street addresses please bro

• Members

I don't get it; are you on your way there now and can't look it up or something?

"THE EXACT ADDRESS... that last bit was from the San Fran situation where I was spending more time in Berkley than anyone would want to from misrepresented directions. With a street address my phone will usually open up a map/direction app which is "

from first post

• Members

Oh please, Pittsburgh is hardly that bad.

Backstage is cool, but I never found anything there of interest to me besides a couple pedals and some overpriced Hiwatts, Hagstroms and Reverands.

4123 Butler Street

Pittsburgh, PA 15201-3121

Pianos N Stuff is cool though. 3 levels of great gear for pretty good prices, and oodles of pedals.

468 Freeport Road

Pittsburgh, PA 15238

1305 East Carson Street, Pittsburgh, PA

Here ya go, my 4 minutes of internet searching.

• Members

"THE EXACT ADDRESS... that last bit was from the San Fran situation where I was spending more time in Berkley than anyone would want to from misrepresented directions. With a street address my phone will usually open up a map/direction app which is "

from first post

The "San Fran situation" i.e. "My Lazy Ass Cannot Use Google."

• Members

It was more like copy and pasting incomplete addresses between programs in my iPhone leading to misinformation and lost time that could have been better spent while on a vacation

Thanks for the addresses :thu:

Passing mishwauka, Indiana

• Members

If I could direct post pics from my iPhone I could share the semi centipede we have been passing.

It's not too bad, went to Boston in 2008 by car this way, and Cleveland in 2009.

Re pimantis: Went to the strip one I think, but I don't like coleslaw... And not big on frenchfries either so ... We are not a good match.

We ARE going to the double wide tonight though :thu:

• Members

I think the Indian food here is surprisingly good if that's your deal.

Go to Jerry's Records at 2136 Murray Ave if you want to see probably the sickest record store this side of the Mississippi. Then walk a block up the street and get pizza at either Mineo's (my favorite) or Aiello's. People fight non-stop about which one is better.

• Members

defintely go to Pianos n stuff... great used section. go check it out and then order it online and ship it to your house so you dont have to pay tax. {censored} is awesome though. backstage is decent. pittsburgh guitars is cool but they lack a lot of used pedals. But yeah, everything else has been good as far as suggestions go. lots of awesome stuff dahntahn. if you go to the southside just walk up and down east carson street. lots of awesome stores and bars and what not. Jerry's records is legit too. Go to winghearts in market square. AMAZING burgers. im not sure if they have their liquor license yet, but its going to be a whiskey bar when they get it. a really cool place!

• Members

back home to rest up after traveling.

double wide was meh to ok

walked from there down carson ad popped in a few bar, one british one "the pub" ? was nice. drove down the rest of the way and will stop by fat daddy's or something for a pergoie and kelbaisa/horseradish sandwich and pittsburgh guitars, and more bars.

will do duqcane hill, warhol museum maybe/carnige science museum maybe, pianos n stuff, south side for ^, then 8pm river tour boat tomorrow

• Members

Just checked in bros- watching the kyakers on the allegainey (?) from our hotel room

Its Allegheny. A condom floating down the River is called an Allegheny Whitefish:lol:

Ride the incline up to Mount Washington and get a view of the city from up above.

The best italian food is a place called Girasoles on Copeland St in Shadyside.

Southside can be a blast.

Archived