Allerian, do you recommend a Wave?

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Something like that. I'm not criticizing it... It just fell slightly short of my "would I rather have this or two grand" thing, you know? I still think it's kickass.

I'm just puzzled by the way you've run through all these synths. What are you after?

• Members

A combination of build quality with sounds that fit in my head properly. The PC3X does that. So do the Elektrons. I can't fault their construction, and they click into my brain like Lego.

I really haven't been through many synths... I've just waffled a lot about them. It's not as bad as it looks. I think.

I'd have spent more time with the Wave, perhaps, if the keybed had been special... The rest of the construction is terrific.

• Members

If I was thinking analog, I'd go grab an A6.

...go grab an A6...

...grab an A6...

...an A6...

/ / / / / / / /

/ / / / / / / /

DrEaM sEqUeNcE

I would advise against you getting an A6. I think it would get turned around in no time. It has an awesome sound but if you got frustrated with the Nord that fast then the programming on the A6 will cause you to flip it within days.

But then again, it could be quite entertaining to see what would happen.

• Members

Yeah you'd have to have patience with an A6, get to know the subtleties of programming it. It can be quite rewarding, and for your tastes possibly the perfect blend of analog with digital reliability. Though I'd seriously have my doubts you possess the gumption needed sir. Consider this a challenge, the gauntlet has been thrown down!

The worst that good happen is some lucky sod will get a brand spankin minty Andy on the used market, which would only add to your already considerable good synth karma.

• Members

I like this thread. It's.....complete.

The frenzied initial research

The agonizing decision-making

The orgasmic purchase

The painful wait period

The joyous delivery

The quiet period.

And finally, the re-evaluation and release.

It's all here. Nicely done DLP. :thu:

Archived