Why is it that it seems many boutique pedal builders are neurotic aholes?

loosegroove

• Members

Of course I think most are cool, and I've had terrific experiences with the majority, so this isn't a blanket statement. But it seems there are a good handful that can be neurotic, stubborn, self-righteous poop stains. A much higher percentage than other product industries it seems where normally "the customer is right" and maintaining a positive rapport is a priority. Am I alone on this?

Maybe it's because often you deal with a one-man, or very small operation, so you get an individual's true colors rather than some fluff? At any rate, all you boutiquers, please don't take offense to this post...well unless you are a said neurotic ahole builder.

• Members

Dude, are you really surprised? We are musicians. We are the biggest egotistical assholes on the {censored}en planet. We are always right and they are always wrong.

All pedalbuilders are musicians aka giant douches.

Yeah, this might be the explanation. I can be a giant douche myself.

• Members

ITS BECAUSE THEY DON'T HAVE TIME TO DEAL WITH UNGRATEFUL PRICKS LIKE YOU.

Also, I think I need to go over your statistics, because your data must be wrong if you think there is "a much higher percentage than other product industries".

Heh? Like to go off prematurely much? Who says I'm an ungrateful prick? I love that there are so many boutique builders and choices. And I'm grateful to a bunch of those builders who have provided awesome product and customer support.

Though you're probably right about the stats thing. I've definitely bought and been invested with pedals more than any other type of product. Which in turn leads to more good experiences, though in turn also more "less than good".

• Members

Cool, now this thread is about premature ejaculation.

It actually isn't a naming names situation, more one of those thought processes that leads to a stupid thread.

ok I'll start then.

CATTYBREAD

THEY MAKE THEIR PEDALS UGLIER, CHARGE MORE, AND BUY NICE CARS. ALSO THEIR POLITICAL VIEWS DO NOT LINE UP WIT MINE.

DICKS.

ALSO THEIR NAME IS HARD TO SPELL.

ALSO THE SHIRT THEY SENT ME FOR CHRISTMAS DIDN'T FIT, CAUSING A TURN OF EVENTS THAT POINTS OUT I'M TOO FAT.

THUS MY SALADS/DIET

thx for helping me lose 55 pounds cattybread!

• Members

because they arent... you dont work with the public do you?

Well, everyone knows that expression isnt supposed to be taken literally. I've worked with customers and I know as much as the next guy that they are wrong as much as they're right. But the point of that saying is about good customer service no matter what the customer throws at you.

Totally valid if not taken literally. Just like the bible.

Archived