Don't ya just love it when....

companyman

• Members

....you use lyrics from the internet for recording a cover tune, and they are wrong. But in a subtle way, a word here and there that are close, but change the meaning.....for instance, "there ain't much to break in the fall", when actually it is "there ain't much to rake in the Fall" :facepalm:

I record on a Boss BR digi 4track, and once you bounce tracks, there is no correcting the vocal track. I did a a recording of the Replacements tune Here Comes a Regular, acoustic parts sound good to me, so I sent it off to my bass player buddy via email to put some subtle bass on it, after I realized the problem. :mad:

so now despite liking the guitar parts and the delivery of the lyrics, all I can focus on is the wrong words! I am doing a collection of cover tunes, acoustic, that make me think of Fall. I kinda want to redo the song, but now my neighbors are putting a new roof on, too much pounding....lol.

so far I am doing;

Here Comes a Regular- The Replacements

Mad World- Tears for Fears (more related to the Gary Jules version)

Little Wing-Neil Young

Something in That Mess- Justin Currie

...and suggestions for other tunes?:wave:

also what are reliable sites for lyrics and chords?

• Members

whats fall? is that a band?

but serious... we had one day of fall this year.

are you recording all the instruments or just singing?

acoustic guitar, and vocals. Using a Rhode NT-1 mic. My buddy in Phoenix will be playing bass, the songs that need drums will be sent to one of 2 friends, one in NY, the other in WA.

• Members

....you use lyrics from the internet for recording a cover tune, and they are wrong. But in a subtle way, a word here and there that are close, but change the meaning.....for instance, "there ain't much to break in the fall", when actually it is "there ain't much to rake in the Fall"
:facepalm:

that has never happened to me or anyone i know.

Archived