Suggestions needed for a particular filter

n!k

• Members

I have an Moog MP-201 (I say MOH-g) and I love it. I need an envelope filter that plays nice with it, which means a weird requirement. I have the EHX Enigma and it's a great filter, but when you have an expression pedal plugged into the EXP jack it disables the envelope follower. So let's say you have your MP201 plugged in, sending an LFO to it for some cool sounds. You turn off the MP201 for a song that needs an autowah, but the Enigma is basically still in EXP mode, stuck at whatever the last frequency was when you turned off the MP201.

tl/dr; I need a filter that has CV/EXP control but can resume being an autowah without having to unplug anything.

Mo Moog, mo problems, baby.

• Members

I have an Moog MP-201 (I say MOH-g) and I love it. I need an envelope filter that plays nice with it, which means a weird requirement. I have the EHX Enigma and it's a great filter, but when you have an expression pedal plugged into the EXP jack it disables the envelope follower. So let's say you have your MP201 plugged in, sending an LFO to it for some cool sounds. You turn off the MP201 for a song that needs an autowah, but the Enigma is basically still in EXP mode, stuck at whatever the last frequency was when you turned off the MP201.

tl/dr; I need a filter that has CV/EXP control but can resume being an autowah without having to unplug anything.

Mo Moog, mo problems, baby.

Moog Low Pass Filter?

• Members

Considered, but it's gigantic. Something more pedal board friendly would be ace.

I should say that I'm not certain if the Moog MF101 fits this requirement. If you connect an expression pedal to a particular jack, can you make the pedal behave as if it were not connected? That is the main question.

Iron Ether Xero looks to be the toppest of notches!

This, but I'm too lazy to check if the envelope is still active with the exp jack plugged in.

• Members

The dude in the pedalboard thread's mini-expression pedal for the HOG didn't operate like that (if I understood correctly). The footswitch didn't somehow make the HOG not see an expression pedal, it made the pot behave as if it were heel down instead of some other position.

It's like this, the MP-201 essentially let me do things with my Enigma filter that you couldn't otherwise. I have presets that make it a phaser, a wobble-bass thing, envelopes for pads, all kinds of {censored}. You can leave the frequency start and stop positions maximum in whatever direction and just control the range with MP201 presets. But then suddenly all you want is just a regular ol' autowah kind of mutron thing. And you'd have to like unplug the expression jack to do that, but it's in the middle of this wired up pedalboard. That's the problem.

I emailed the Iron Ether guy with this problem and he said the Xerograph can do this, because the envelope follower and expression pedal are on simultaneously. You can bypass one or other other, I gather. Does anyone own one to verify this?

• Members

This, but I'm too lazy to check if the envelope is still active with the exp jack plugged in.

You can't use the Moog with the Iron Ether. The Iron Ether doesn't accept that high of a level of voltage control -- says so right on the website.

Or maybe I misinterpreted the issue.

OH HAI n!k

Archived