Saw Mogwai Last Night

Gonkboy

• Members

Saw them back on the Curiosa tour, so the volume was tamed a bit. Ran into Stuart Braithwaite afterwards. Super nice guy (super short, too!). We told him, "Great set, it was loud as hell," and he said, "That's exactly what I want to hear!"

• Members

seen the mogwais many a time. their music has changed volume wise from the early days. i mean they were BROOTL -Primal RAW LOUD as younger bands tend to be-now as they mature they have found a way to be way loud and way quiet w/out damaging organic things. i still like them, tho i prefer MONO!

• Members

Damn I need to see them. Did the play Emergency Trap? God damn that song is gorgeous. How much do they play off Mr. Beast?

Here's a link to the setlist - http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/mogwai/2011/ax-korea-hall-seoul-south-korea-3d13927.html

Ran into Stuart Braithwaite afterwards. Super nice guy

They are all really down to earth. It seems like all the famous people I've met are really cool and all the self deluded wannabes are total dicks. I was lucky enough to hang out with them in the dressing room after the show. All of them are a good laugh and don't take themselves too seriously. Just average guys from Glasgow who happen to make awesome music.

• Members

i saw them last april here in motreal

my band got lucky since ERRORS couldn't make it across the pond, so my band at the time opened for them. woot woot.

It was their first show of the NA tour (since they had canceled a few) and they did gear check all day. It's got to be stressful to do a show with a bunch of new/rented gear, for the band and especially the crew.

the canceled shows were due to their drummer being sick, and they took the ERRORS drummer along with them instead. he was still learning the songs that day during soundchecks. i was pretty impressed by how well he never let anything slip during the show.

I didn't get to chat with them but they played a good set considering the circumstances.

I'll say it wasn't loud for my needs, but I like it ridiculous dumb loud.

Archived