WTF is this? Next level Crab Core???

Kayzer

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

From

And although I can find a couple of mentions of crabcore here before that date (
, both posted by ginnboonmiller in '05) there is no real crabcore explosion until July '09 with the first mention in Joris Black's
which shows the crabcore gif.

The
thread linked to by knowyourmeme is dated to June 21 and itself links to a Wikipedia page on Crabcore (now removed).

It seems to me we were in near the start but we didn't invent it.

I think I made the first thread about it after reading a topic on Ultimate Metal

• Members

The guitarist for Attack Attack was interviewed in Guitar World last month. Said he's embarrassed by the "crab core" label. Virtual high five HCFX.

Why would he not be embarrassed simply by being in Attack Attack? More importantly, why would Guitar World be interviewing the guitarist from Attack Attack?

• Members

Both of my kids listen to stuff like this.

I'm really hoping this is a phase.

Definitely a phase. Not to sound like I'm some music aficionado, but I left high school when I a was sophomore and then when everyone was a senior I started hanging with some old friends again and they listened to garbage like that (but not quite as {censored}in' terrible). Whenever I got to choose the music we would listen to, I would play Dystopia, Tom Waits, random rockabilly/chickenpickin', etc.

Then one day I get a text from one of them asking if I had ever heard of Cousin Harley, and how I have to see them live.:)

• Members

A truly responsible parent would educate them on The Cramps. At four in the morning. With accompanying strobe light.

:lol:

I've tried to get them interested in everything from The Beatles to The Clash and everything in between. I have an extensive music collection.

....and none of it interests them :confused:

• Members

Definitely a phase. Not to sound like I'm some music aficionado, but I left high school when I a was sophomore and then when everyone was a senior I started hanging with some old friends again and they listened to garbage like that (but not quite as {censored}in' terrible). Whenever I got to choose the music we would listen to, I would play Dystopia, Tom Waits, random rockabilly/chickenpickin', etc.

Then one day I get a text from one of them asking if I had ever heard of Cousin Harley, and how I
have
to see them live.
:)

I hope you're right.

Archived