ebay pedal return

surfcat

• Members

I bought a pedal that has a noise issue. The seller has agreed to refund the price minus shipping (I know if I went through ebay I'd get shipping refunded. Other than that, is it safe to ship it back without filing a claim first? All communication has been through ebay so they have a record of it.

• Members

I've done it before a few times before without a case and it worked out fine but I had a problem once (I posted it here I think) a couple of months ago when I returned the item and the person just ceased communications/tried to ignore me until I went away. I opened a case through Paypal and was able to force them to refund me in retrospect to me already having returned the item, obviously it's essential that you can prove you returned the item and they now have it through proof of postage. Also make sure all the communication is done directly through ebay as Paypal will be able to check and verify it.

Was the pedal broken or not as described? If so I'd argue for the postage you paid to have it shipped to you back, usually I'd take a hit on the return postage but if you didn't get what you paid for it's their fault and responsibility to return the cost of posting it (why should you pay for it both ways for something that's not your fault?). And yes if you opened a Paypal case they would have to pay for the initial shipping cost so they can't really refuse.

Anyway it should be OK but there are dishonest people out there so just cover you ass for anything that could happen and if your not 100% just start a case first (ebay/Paypal are very biased towards buyers rather than sellers which is good in your case :)).

Archived