This is a bit weird, I know, but really what do I care?

Ryan.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
If it's not for sell.. why don't you just give out the recipe?

i don't want to rob him of his million dollar sauce. :freak: maybe one day when he gets tired of driving beer trucks around, he'll want to retire by making millions on hot wings sauce

• Members

Okay, the sauce has been made. We used latex gloves. That was more about not getting pepper oil in our eyes than sanitation, but still.

My friends all think I'm crazy and they are also doubting my shipping method. They think you all are going to end up with an envelope full of hot sauce. I think my method is flawless.

Basically I put about a half cup of sauce for each of you to try into this little tupperware looking thing. Then I wrapped the tupperware in seran wrap and then put that in a plastic sandwich bag. We'll see how it goes. I think it will be bomb-proof.

We had wings during the game yesterday. Probably went through about 200. Found out that if you mix a tiny bit of ranch with the sauce its so good but I still dig it plain. Hope you guys enjoy it. :D I plan to mail it out either today or tomorrow.

• Members

werd subs! :thu:

how do you go about making the wings themselves? i need your recipe for maximum oms when the sauce gets here.

and a half-cup is probably enough for like 2 wings :lol: tell your friend to quite beer-truck driving and start mass producing! your supply needs to meet global demand levels which are at an all time high. econ 101 breau

• Members
werd subs!
:thu:

how do you go about making the wings themselves? i need your recipe for maximum oms when the sauce gets here.

and a half-cup is probably enough for like 2 wings
:lol:
tell your friend to quite beer-truck driving and start mass producing! your supply needs to meet global demand levels which are at an all time high. econ 101 breau

lol,

i just bought a giant bag of frozen wings and thawed them. Then I cover them in some JERK seasoning and throw them in the oven heated to 375F for about 30 minutes, then flip, and cook for another 20 or so. They say cook to an internal temp of 180. change the cook temp/time to get less/more crispy wings. OR deep fry. I like the baked kind.

I don't cover the wings in the sauce, i just put a little on the side and dip them. Its hot enough to where you won't need them slathered in it.

• Members

Will trade homecanned Habanero Dill Pickles for hotsauce.

I've been sending them out to the effects community for years...just not THIS effects community.

No botulism, I promise.

I can get references.

Dammit just put me on the list!!!!!

garden011.jpg

• Members

Will trade homecanned Habanero Dill Pickles for hotsauce.

I've been sending them out to the effects community for years...just not THIS effects community.

No botulism, I promise.

I can get references.

Dammit just put me on the list!!!!!

garden011.jpg

wow, that actually looks/sounds delicious. can i buy a jar from you? :wave:

• Members

Shipping to Canada generally sucks....not as bad as overseas (sent one package to Liverpool...$45 iirc)

Do you have anyone on the border? I usually shipped them USPS/flat rate, and squeezed 3 regular qurats into a large box...about $18-$20 once I figured glass/bubble wrap and vinegar. The cukes are from our garden...same with the dill...garlic and habaneros are bought'd items.

One day, I'ma gonna do this as a biz. I've been doing it as "Blind Doc Jones" for about 5 years now.

Coincidently, I just posted a pic of some of the previous years' labels in another thread:

http://acapella.harmony-central.com/showthread.php?2564066-The-HCFX-Hot-Sauce-Lounge&p=44915034&viewfull=1#post44915034

Archived