Small Footprint Analog Delay Advice

kidamnesiac

• Members

So, my name came up on an Echoczar after 5 yrs or so. To fund it, i'm getting rid of some gear. My Timefactor and my custom shop Memory lane will go.

I know, I may regret the Memory Lane. I've been using it lately with my AC4TV for practicing upstairs.

I want to get something to replace it that's much smaller and fairly cheap.

Here's what I've been considering:

Catalinbread Montavillian Echo

MXR Carbon Copy

MALEKKO Ekko 616 Analog Delay

Earthquaker Devices Disaster Transport Delay

Diamond Memory lane Jr.

Any clear winners or am I missing something? I've been out of the loop with the new stuff.

• Members

Wampler Faux Tape Echo > Earthquaker Devices Disaster Transport Delay

I can't speak of the other pedals, but yeah, I was originally sold on the EQD via PGS demo. The personal trip to the store was completely different story. The faux tape echo was a lot warmer and deeper sounding.

I even pitted the Faux Tape vs the Maxon Ad999, and I prefer the Wampler.

No bad criticism about the Maxon one, but some pedals are just worth trying.

Figured it'd match your personality (musically speaking) when you hear it in person.

• Members

i'd go for either teh Carbon Copy or the 616, personally i like the CC better.

whats the point of the Echoczar though :confused: seems wayyyy overpriced and tonewise doesnt sound any better than a DMM imo. sure the enclosures are cool, but it all sounds a bit Cornish'd

• Members

i'd go for either teh Carbon Copy or the 616, personally i like the CC better.

whats the point of the Echoczar though
:confused:
seems wayyyy overpriced and tonewise doesnt sound any better than a DMM imo. sure the enclosures are cool, but it all sounds a bit Cornish'd

i am curious about this too. Not bashing. Promise. Just honestly curious. Have you played one before and just fell in love :love: I know how that is...

• Members

Thanks. I'm going to look into the carbon copy i think.

i figured i'd get some nay-sayers on the echoczar. honestly, you're probably right. however, i got on the list 5 years ago and had pretty much forgotten about it since. I've bought and sold and bought and sold lots of gear over the years so this will be no different. i'll pretty much pay no money out-of-pocket after selling the timefactor and memory lane. not that it matters though. i have a couple of ed's other pedals too...a halophaze and powerglide and they're unreal. no joke. I suppose it could be debated to no end if they're worth it, but at the end of the day it works for me and with selling my other gear, i haven't regretted it. i haven't found anything yet that has made me want to upgrade them and i've got a feeling they're with me for good.

• Members

i am curious about this too. Not bashing. Promise. Just honestly curious. Have you played one before and just fell in love
:love:
I know how that is...

nah, i would imagine, like most people, i have only heard recordings, but I liked what i heard. I like the idea of the safety switch as well for the oscillation. I'm comfortable that whatever it is, it will sound better than the timefactor and at least as good as the memory lane. Maybe i'll be wrong. If so, i can always send it back to Ed. There are lots of people on the list.

Archived