Getting itchy feet with my amp - what to replace it with?

Vince

• Members

I've been using a Valvetech Hayseed 15 for what seems like forever and I really like it, but I'm starting to get itchy feet for something new.

I want something with a big fat clean sound that can be pushed if need be (Master volume is a bonus), that takes pedals really well. I'm thinking something like a Marshall 1974x (always wanted to try one) or a Dr Z. Don't particularly fancy a Fender.

Budget is limited to what I can get for the Valvetech (sub

• Members

Big Fat Clean = Hiwatt or JCM800 (I know its a rockers amp, but {censored} me the cleans were HUGE)

I know the feeling though, I love the AC30 sound... but, it just doesnt do that thick clean oommppphh sound at all... hence why i now have a Roland Jazz 50 as my main amp... I also have a Fender 85 that kicks out some chunky cleans too.

• Members

Some of the Fender solid state stuff from the 70s/80s has been pretty good, and they stay clean and huge for days... you will notice a lack of "warmth", but I dont mind the trade off... hence the Roland...

Look into the Fender London Reverb, had a 2x12 a few years ago and that was FAT/CLEAN and was dirt cheap... you might even be able to keep the Hayseed...

Im honestly so over the whole "warmth of valves" arguement... if it sounds good ill take it...

• Members

Had a JCM800 and loved it (the channel switching 2205), but I need something more portable - combo only I'm afraid. Hiwatt/Reeves would be fun but I fear they are too pricey.

Get a JCM800 combo then? there's plenty around.

http://www.rockfactory.co.uk/proddetail.php?prod=gag-marsjcm800a

http://www.chandlerguitars.co.uk/view_item.php?ItemID=3259

Archived