Post your current musical obsession

p0lymath

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

why a guilty pleasure?

they have great records.

Just a saying my friend, i don't feel guilty at all for listening to them, my new band mates turned me on to them and i was blown away. The drummer is amazing, to go from hiphop style beats, to grooving rock, to blast beats all while keeping it atmospheric.... :love: Very inspirational band for me right now.

• Members

Been listening to this album quite abit over the last 2 weeks.

[YOUTUBE]YqPAQT1YldI[/YOUTUBE]

And on my 10.5 hr flight back from Zurich yesterday listened to the first full length for the first time in awhile and am now re-enamored with the classic work of mr. squire

[YOUTUBE]umwQG7fue84[/YOUTUBE]

• Members

:thu: Fives is a killer track to play. That tapping part sounds a lot harder than it actually is, you shouldn't have much trouble.

Myself, nothing surprisingly. Got some Marvin Gaye and Jethro Tull recently but I wouldn't say obsessed. I need something new soon. :(

• Members

:thu:
Fives is a killer track to play. That tapping part sounds a lot harder than it actually is, you shouldn't have much trouble.

Myself, nothing surprisingly. Got some Marvin Gaye and Jethro Tull recently but I wouldn't say obsessed. I need something new soon.
:(

yea Fives is sick. I'm pretty used to two hand tapping so yea no problem usually the hard part is bringing things up to speed while staying clean about it. Wonderful Slippery is another sick track too. Other than that though I haven't been obsessed either. I got some Oz Noy, Tomo Fujita, Chilis going on recently but yea its time for new stuff.

• Members

Bob Dylan - "Blood on the tracks". Such a great album.

Did you hear the New York Sessions of that album? It's magnificent. Not saying it's better, but after listening to BotT 500+ times, it's an excellent replacement once in a while. Most songs have differences in the lyrics. Idiot Wind is not at all like the original - no desperation/anger, more sadness/depression. Not just a bunch of demo songs that got dumped and forgotten, but a real masterpiece that never was released.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mZhwyrUvV_s

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EEKafa_viAM&

The NY Sessions were gonna be released as BotT, but I think it was Dylan's brother who talked him into re-recording it with drums and different tunings. I loooove the drums on the original album, but it's hard to choose between the two IMO.

• Members

The NY Sessions were gonna be released as BotT, but I think it was Dylan's brother who talked him into re-recording it with drums and different tunings. I loooove the drums on the original album, but it's hard to choose between the two IMO.

i like that version of Idiot Wind better.

• Members

It's been As Falls Wichita, So Falls Wichita Falls this week in particular.

It's a remarkable piece of music, but I'm particularly GASing for a 12 string electric at the moment. Not sure I ever will, but that sound is incredible. :love:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yem4yP9ebZA

Beyond that, I'm working on tunes for a church occasional-service-cum-concert tomorrow, which is keeping me busy...

Archived