Too many pedals for too little board...

osbornkt

• Members

So, I'm looking to upgrade to a "real" pedalboard after going a couple years with DIY boards and whatnot. Currently I've got my setup on a 23.5x17 piece of 1/2" Oak, but the Russian and VP Jr don't fit. I've been looking into the Pedaltrain boards, but I'm not sure which would be the best choice for the pedals I've got...Seems like a PT-2 might be barely too small, and the PT-Pro is too large. I was thinking maybe a PT-3 would be about right...Maybe...? Any other reasonably priced boards that have hard cases you guys would go for?

I was wondering if you guys could recommend me something reasonably priced that would fit 12 pedals...Here's what's going on it.

DD-7, RV-3, PS-3, RRR, Ekko 616, Empress Trem, Moog MF102, RAT, SD-1, Russian Muff, TU-2, and a VP Jr.

Thanks! :thu:

• Members

Also do you want to put the volume pedal or other possible future pedals like wahs/expression pedals on it?

I myself don't like the angle of controlling these type of pedals when mounted on a board.

I'm fine with putting the volume pedal on the board. I'm probably going to build an off-board unit that can do all the tap tempos/expression wheels I'd be using. That's just an idea as of now, though! I'm pretty open to anything right now

• Members

Keep in mind the PT-3 is the same length as the PT-2. It just has an extra slat, meant for a TB looper or something. Unless you have a bunch of narrow pedals you want to put sideways the PT-3 doesn't really offer more usable real estate than the PT-2.

I'd say get a PT-2 and keep your volume pedal off the board. In the soft case there would be enough room for a VP-Jr., guitar cable, and a power cable.

• Members

Keep in mind the PT-3 is the same length as the PT-2. It just has an extra slat, meant for a TB looper or something. Unless you have a bunch of narrow pedals you want to put sideways the PT-3 doesn't really offer more usable real estate than the PT-2.

I'd say get a PT-2 and keep your volume pedal off the board. In the soft case there would be enough room for a VP-Jr., guitar cable, and a power cable.

Valid point. I was thinking it may be a good option since the board I have now is closer to the same depth as the PT-3. So much to take into account here!

Archived