your Bass FX setup?

mr benn

• Members

so I've finally found myself in another band,I'm positively delighted

this time around as a bass player and I must say I'm loving playing bass again after a few years away from it

but my rig needs some work!

currently running this

fender-mustang-bass.jpg

(I plan to get a Nordstrand Mustang pickup to beef that up)

through this

VT%20bass%20G.jpg

and

Crowther_Audio_Prunes_and_Custard_a.jpg

and I'm just about to buy this

190131569374-1.jpg

Peavey tube bass pre-amp from the glory days :lol:

my question is what am I missing? a compressor?

what modulation have you got?

I'm very tempted by one of these

clone.png

everything we do is tuned a half step down,so I'm going to have to get my bass set up for E flat

now I'm a small guy (it stature :cop: ) with small hands so last year I bought a mustang bass ri,as my previous Jazz bass was just a *little* uncomfortable to play for me-but my concern is drop tuning a 30" bass is going to cause problems? i seem to be getting a lot of fret slapping and buzzing...time for new gauge strings?

I'm thinking slightly heavier la bella flats??

so,please post away and show me/inspire me with your bass rigs!!

• Members
bassboard.jpg

Love my DEM with bass. :love: Big Muff+PN-2+DEM equals a huge synth sound.
I thought I'd love the P&C with bass but I like it more with guitar.
The CS-2 is great with bass. I mainly use it to boost the Muff and for buffering and sustaining because the Big Muff sucks all the high end without it.

• Members

What amp are you planning to use? And why do you want to run 2 preamps (VT Bass+Peavey)?

right now I'll be running the peavey into the FX return of whatever amp we get at the practise rooms,some sound good others sound {censored} one week you get a really nice ashdown,the next some trace elliot that's on it's last legs,I figure this will give me a bit of consistancy

when we get gigging i'll pickup a power amp and a cab

Im using the VT as more of a distortion pedal/EQ pedal really,just to change things up as the mustang is only a single pickup bass

• Members

Yeah the DEM works great with bass. Doesn't swoosh out the sound too much.
My Precision's D-string is a little quieter than the other strings and the CS-2 really helps to balance the output. Definitely grab one if you get a good price! :thu:

• Members

I'm more of a plug-straight-in guy on bass, sometimes with a sansamp. But I hear really good things about the VT pedal.

As for downtuning a Mustang...are you using flats now? I'd try to find a short scale set with a .110 E string, whether flat or round.

Archived