Sometimes I Think About Starting A Massive Band...

• Members

Something like Jaga Jazzist...

[video=youtube;8IoXZ1hFCzs]

Or maybe Do Make Say Think...

[video=youtube;IFzO8lnb9c4]

With a heavy dose of funk ala Staten Islands own Budos Band... That octave bass unison line intro theme gets me every {censored}ing time.

[video=youtube;2nclSNIamjg]

Definitly want some thick ass Bari Sax and Trombone in the mix...

Then I think about how hard it is for Joe and I to get our schedules aligned as a simple two piece...

How do they do it?

• Members

Indeed, that kind of bands are really interesting. Here in Japan it would be absolutely impossible to start something like that. The rhythm of the city is so fast that people barely has time off in their programmed life, and they would probably prefer to crash on the sofa on the weekends. It gets hard enough to find 3 guys to jam with, a full band setup like that would need grown-up, no kids, committed musicians to start with. And a lot of time for rehearsals, which is something people has lost forever these days.

• Members

i adore Do Make...

at its height my last band had something like 10 people. cello, two violin players, electric bass, stand up bass. etc

it sounded awesome when everyone was into it, but getting that many people to practice at once or even on the same page

is to big of a hassle.

but {censored} it sounded amazing

• Members

At it's height, I had guitar, bass, banjo, melodica, organ, glockenspiel, drums, cello, violin, trumpet, euphonium, tuba, 2 vox...

Impossible to keep organized, but like was said above, {censored}ing amazing together!

• Members

its weird. after your in a band with that many people, its hard not to write with those players in mind.

i use to write songs while thinking, this is where the trumpet comes in and then the cello followed

by the keys and two other guitar players.

• Members

1) I must mention: the cool factor of Budos is exponentiated by the Harmony H-74

2) You live in the Neon City...if you can't find three guys to play with, find three others...

3) I hear this guy is always open for works....that firebird he plays covers you on both trumpet AND trombone. Specially when he kicks in the PS-3.

.....Phil...I hear you snickering..... no laughing Phil.....NO LAUGHING!!!!
Ah ferget it...you'd have to pry him away from his Mad Juana dates...oh wait, that was two years ago.

EDIT: huh....I guess he's still playing with them on some dates...getting the overseas bene's I see
]

Archived