Looking for this sound

gatogordo

• Members

I have asked here few times at the electric guitar forum and I have scoured the internet looking for this sound. I use a HD500 through a DRRI. Right now I have been using a plexi patch, not son of plexi, but plexi is in the patches name. The amp it uses is the JM45 amp sim. I have tweaked the gain and EQ on the patch some. What I have now is a darker/fuller clean when played easy. The clean sound between the Rhythym-middle-Treble is spread out so I get 3 great different sound to use. When the OD is on it is a very DYNAMIC big sound. Less pick sounds like a light OD. Power chords sound like a stack. In fact some songs I don't use the OD, cause the pick attack pushes the sound enought to be just gritty enough.

I WANT AN AMP TO SOUND JUST LIKE THIS! I know they are there, I have not found the clean and dirty sound on one amp while surfing the net. I live 1 hour from 2 different GC, but they don't have anything that matches. I know it is based off a JTM45, but I know the DRRI has colored it.

I would like to record it for you all, but I am not able. I will try to at next practice. I am playing bass the next 2 weeks.

I will look and listen to any opinions. The Valvetech VAC says that the first channel is Bassman like and the 2nd channel can get plexi like?? I would like a switchable 2 channel or 3 channel with the 3rd being a burn/lead.

Not going to get rid of the HD500 or DRRI. Just gassing for another amp.

Thanks

any help is appreciated.

• Members

It sounds like you already have "an amp that sounds just like that".

A special combination of old school Marshall-colored overdrive into a clean Fender, then more fat/clean color provided by the 100 watt Jensen C12K.

What's not to like?

• Members

I guess I'm a bit confused here. It sounds like you already like your tone, so are you wanting a second amp to run at the same time as your DRRI, or is this just buying another amp for the fun of it? I'm just a bit confused! Sounds like you're already happy, so I'm trying to figure out what you need help with here. :)

• Members

I guess I should be happy(ier) with what I have. I guess I was having a bad case of GAS.

Blackmore you sound like my wife. To give you an exact answer, I am very HAPPY with the tone. Would like to know if that tone exists in an amp without using effects to get the clean and OD (second channel). If does exist, I would like to go play it. Maybe buy it. I have listened to the clips on Metropoulos and Germino amps and the clean is a little dirtier than what I am looking for.

I have been playing for 30 years, mainly acoustic. The past 5-7 years have been learning tones and sounds with electric. I don't have the luxury of getting to try much out.

Don't know if that answered your question

• Members

I guess I should be happy(ier) with what I have. I guess I was having a bad case of GAS.

Blackmore you sound like my wife. To give you an exact answer, I am very HAPPY with the tone. Would like to know if that tone exists in an amp without using effects to get the clean and OD (second channel). If does exist, I would like to go play it. Maybe buy it. I have listened to the clips on Metropoulos and Germino amps and the clean is a little dirtier than what I am looking for.

I have been playing for 30 years, mainly acoustic. The past 5-7 years have been learning tones and sounds with electric. I don't have the luxury of getting to try much out.

Don't know if that answered your question

Man, I wasn't lecturing you on wanting to buy new stuff. No one understands buying gear you don't actually need more than I do. :lol:

That being said, I'm much more of a single channel guy, so I doubt I'll be able to help you out much past this point. Best of luck in your search. :thu:

Archived