A ticked off punk rock track from my new band, with vocals.

Loobs

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

3 pages and no ones asked what gear was used? Come on HCFX, you're getting sloppy!

Urm, we used a Strat with a JB in it, both my Les Pauls, the Timmy, a Boss overdrive, Fender Hot Rod Deluxe. Bassist used his Jazz Bass into some SWR stack or something.

We just wrote a track tonight that is total drone {censored} and slow, and riffy. I always have this thing in a band when we'll write a bunch of tunes then write something else that sounds different. I always worry "does this sound like us?" "is our music too diverse sounding that it compromises the continuance of a set". What do you dudes think about that?

• Members

Dude, youre putting the cart before the horse. You havent even played a single show yet so who knows what "you" really sound like.

In time it will all sound like you. Just write and write and who cares about reconciling the differences.

There is a great Nels Cline interview in Guitar Player a few years back where he discusses having a revelatory moment deciding he can be an effects junkie, noise monger, acoustic player, jazz standard and melody guy all on the same record / song.

• Members

Yeah, makes sense. We were just like "well whatever, it sounds good so we'll go with it".

Yeah, I wouldn't sweat it. I hate how monotonous most bands are nowadays. In no way am I a huge Zeppelin fanatic, but to illustrate my point: they got jams like No Quarter that are all trippy, then Black Dog that's all riffy, and then D'yer Mak'er that is all islandy sounding (to me). And it's all good.

• Members

Small world. Yeah, our singer/guitarist and his girlfriend are the promotions team Default This who are putting the show on. Isn't the GFT drummer Mark King from Level 42's son?

Cool, should mean some good gigs for you guy. Are they based in Nots, or promoting it from London?

and yeah, he is. He's seriously good too.

Just listened to the track, great outro. Looking forward to hearing the rest

Archived