ChristianRock - important question

droolmaster0

• Members

Religion works for some but not for others.

Perhaps Drool, your gas will go away when you find the holy grail of synths or lose interest in synths altogether and take up acoustic guitar. Maybe you'll get married, have kids and that gas will go away. You'll be surprised how your priorities will change when some life changing event occurs in your life.

Maybe not Jesus but something else.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

(just waking up) - thought it was obvious that this thread was just a silly joke. Sort of a cross between the post about mcdowella's post, and the hope that CR wouldn't take it as a serious question....plus that one can take one's spiritual beliefs seriously and still joke about them. I would hope. It was mostly a commentary on the pathetic state of my own gear lust, and musing to myself whether something like this would REALLY make it go away, but also knowing that nothing is that simple. Was not hoping for a debate about religion (I think we've done that), or to offend anyone (I think that this question was rather mild, actually).

Politics and religion. Two things that shouldn't be brought up at parties or forums. :D There's no winning...only losing.

• Members

Oh yeah I was actually pretty amused and a bit speechless, as I was thinking long and hard about a good comeback to this thread but I failed... :o

Man, speaking of GAS, your SY99 is giving me some. That is an awesome price for one - and shipped even.

*counts pennies*

I can't really justify getting it when there's other things I need first... but man, does it give me GAS.

• Members

Religion works for some but not for others.

Perhaps Drool, your gas will go away when you find the holy grail of synths or lose interest in synths altogether and take up acoustic guitar. Maybe you'll get married, have kids and that gas will go away. You'll be surprised how your priorities will change when some life changing event occurs in your life.

Maybe not Jesus but something else.

Groan. It was SO FAR from being a serious question.....I mean, gear lust is something that we joke about here, isn't it?

• Members

Oh yeah I was actually pretty amused and a bit speechless, as I was thinking long and hard about a good comeback to this thread but I failed...
:o

Man, speaking of GAS, your SY99 is giving me some. That is an awesome price for one - and shipped even.

*counts pennies*

I can't really justify getting it when there's other things I need first... but man, does it give me GAS.

If you really want it, the price is negotiable (takes up way too much space here, my impulsive purchase of the rozzbox has really hurt me for the Kyma purchase, don't know if some other stuff will sell quickly)...and payment by the end of January is all that's required. In any case, pm me if you want to work something out.

And for the record, I do think that the question of changing one's own belief system so that one is less 'encumbered' by material things is a very interesting and legitimate topic. We obviously disagree on the details, but the question was meant to be silly, working off of (at the heart of it) a shared presupposition that it can be done, and that it is important. I mean, jokes about farts just aren't as funny as jokes about Jesus/politics/Buddha/race/disease/death, etc - precisely because those topics are serious ones.

• Members

If you really want it, the price is negotiable (takes up way too much space here, my impulsive purchase of the rozzbox has really hurt me for the Kyma purchase, don't know if some other stuff will sell quickly)...and payment by the end of January is all that's required. In any case, pm me if you want to work something out.

And for the record, I do think that the question of changing one's own belief system so that one is less 'encumbered' by material things is a very interesting and legitimate topic. We obviously disagree on the details, but the question was meant to be silly, working off of (at the heart of it) a shared presupposition that it can be done, and that it is important. I mean, jokes about farts just aren't as funny as jokes about Jesus/politics/Buddha/race/disease/death, etc - precisely because those topics are serious ones.

I have the feeling we'd actually get along well in real life.

But stop tempting me with that SY99... that thing sounds killer. Too bad it's too deep for me to program at this point (still getting the hang of substractive synthesis at this point...), and I'd blow the money I have set aside for a knobby VA. But I do loooove the sound.

• Members

I have the feeling we'd actually get along well in real life.

But stop tempting me with that SY99... that thing sounds killer. Too bad it's too deep for me to program at this point (still getting the hang of substractive synthesis at this point...), and I'd blow the money I have set aside for a knobby VA. But I do loooove the sound.

Well, if you want it, you better act quickly :) Someone asked me if I'd take $475, and I probably will.

• Members

Whoa, this was unexpected.

Well, you guys know I take my relationship with Jesus seriously, and anything I say here will probably be made fun of.

But of course Jesus can do that. I was instantly healed of severe depression when I gave my life to Jesus, and that was just the beginning of a series of good things he did in my life.

Now I'm waiting for the next question to be something like "can Jesus create a rock so solid that he can't break?"...
:rolleyes:

Or perhaps it will be a bit more creative than that?
:)

Check your box

• Members

Not sure if this thread was just started in good fun with CR, or if it was meant to try to make a little fun of him.

But I like his first response. Very cool, collected, and straight to his beliefs. Good answer, CR!

Please reread the thread and resubmit.

• Members

You can tell if you look really closely at Gor, my avatar. His left eye gently blinks when I'm joking.

I thought that was just part of his criminal behaviour. "Vol", from the planet Arous, told me so. :poke:

As far as "Jesus", are you sure you're not thinking of a latino Kyma salesman, named Jesus. :facepalm:

Archived