Would you pick up this album cover?

• Members

will it be that exact image, or that a mock-up? there are some eraser marks, crude lines, etc. that I would like to see emphasized or cleaned up all together. contrast is a big thing, so if the darks were darker that could really add some draw to the image. I guess I'm not convinced by the placement of the images and text in terms of whitespace. either the text needs to move or the hands need to be bigger.

this is not to come down on the image at all, don't get me wrong, I'm just trying to give you the feedback you want.

• Members

I know for a fact that you and I have different tastes LSDis4me haha.

The album in question is a homemade indie (don't know how else to describe it) album with acoustic, organ, harmonica, and reverb-soaked Telecaster. All original songs, seven of which put seven different male characters in seven different problematic situations, with folk and pop sensibilities.

• Members

It's mostly going to be sold digitally, but with physical copies I have a tradition of keeping every individual copy unique, whether it be a signature, unique written messages, or drawings. So I would probably get very creative with the backs of the albums.

• Members

Based on the visual style I would probably pick it up, because it's unique. Based on the name and title I would assume it's some sort of
folky rootsy singer songwriter music
, so I would put it back down.

Which it isn't, but I see where you would get that. Perhaps if you flipped it over and saw the song titles?

1. The Snowball Effect

2. Norway

3. Mellow-drama

4. Shiver, Go, Stay

5. Enough

6. Breeding Atheists

7. Disaster/Falling Rider

8. Twisted Cold Love Tale

9. (a change)

• Members

I get the concept, but I think it could be executed better. More contrast and either cleaned up or more intentionally cluttered. It looks quickly sketched up, unfinished, and I'd figure that the music behind the cover probably had the same qualities.

• Members

will it be that exact image, or that a mock-up? there are some eraser marks, crude lines, etc. that I would like to see emphasized or cleaned up all together. contrast is a big thing, so if the darks were darker that could really add some draw to the image.
I guess I'm not convinced by the placement of the images and text in terms of whitespace. either the text needs to move or the hands need to be bigger.

this is not to come down on the image at all, don't get me wrong, I'm just trying to give you the feedback you want.

This is the biggest problem for me. There's way too much negative space in the center there. It makes it feel like something is missing.

Archived