reverb tank replacement....

digital

• Members

i have an old carlsbro tr60 combo... it used to contain a reverb tank but it's been removed by the previous owner... i assume it was a small reverb tank... however, i want to replace it with a new long reverb tank but i don't know which one to pick... do i have to be careful with input/output impedance or is any reverb tank good?...

• Members

...do i have to be careful with input/output impedance... ?

Yes, you do. And there's an impedance rating for both the input and output coils...as long as the impedances are matched to the original, you can install a longer reverb tank. I found a Carlsboro schematic on the web, but it doesn't state what impedances are used for the reverb pan. Even though it's a tube amp, the reverb drive and recovery amps are solid state.

On a less common amp like that, finding the reverb pan details will be the hardest part - once you do, finding a replacement pan should be relatively easy.

Here's an article you might find interesting. It won't help you find the information you need on the input and output impedance, but it should explain the basics of the pans and what the codes all mean.

http://www.harmonycentral.com/docs/DOC-2554

Archived