MAD PROFESSOR GOLDEN CELLO!!

snorter

• Members

Got mine yesterday at GC. Sounds fantastic right out of the box with the settings at noon.

This is a great pedal for those who want to set and forget and don't want to fiddle with a dozen settings for your delay. It's especially useful to kick on for a solo to give you some dirt and, as my pal Bobby D so eloquently says, "a touch of Deep Blue Delay".

The delay really blends in well with the fuzz.

Fuzz cleans up nicely with the guitar volume knob notched down 2 or 3 steps.

Kudos to Bjorn and Mad Professor for making a pedal that not only sounds great but tackles two jobs at the same time. It really helps when you want to scale down the size of your pedalboard. :love:

• Members

Here's some photos to drool on :eek:

http://www.rivercityrockets.com/mpgoldencello.html

I concur with the gentleman who stated it was great right out of the box. My expectations with the Mad Professor were easily verifed as I anticipated they would be. And although this is the first pcb version MP pedal I have purchased, The Golden Cello produces a very juicy killer combo of sweet overdrive and an absolute perfect blend of delay whether dialing in a touch or full out. (And an ass whooping overdrive with no delay at all but then you're missing out on the reason for buying this pedal). :eek:

The only downside of this pedal is that the other folks in the band will probably get upset for the lead guitarist extending out solos because this bad boy is just sheer rapture to listen to. I had a hard time stopping wailing. Sounded really juicy throughout the sweeps of each control and also absolute killer with all 4 knobs maxed. :eek:

The other excellent feature of this pedal is that it sounds wonderful at bedroom levels and at gigging levels so it's one of those tone tools that works in the studio and on the road with equal tonal bliss.

Highly recommended and Phil approved. What more could you want. In a word - perfect. :cool:

Gotta go play :wave:

Does it come set from the factory with the trimmers @ random or pre set? Cause, It would be cool to just use the outward knob for the mix & not even deal with the trim pots. It sounds THAT good. Of course Dropping that delay/mix knob is cool as well as you can keep that OD tone & use a seperate delay should you choose. This is a win!!

It comes from the factory with the trimmers pre-set. It's ready to go, straight out of the box, with the trimmer settings that Mad Professor recommends. To use the delay, just hit the pedal's main switch, which kicks on the overdrive and delay. Just turn up the delay knob until you get the level of delay (the "amount" of it) mixed in with the overdrive that you want.

For those who want to adjust it, they can. The trimmers are inside. The stock delay time is set to about 380ms, but it will go as high as 450ms or so. You can also set it considerably shorter too - well under 100ms, and probably as low as ~50ms. I'm not positive on the exact minimum time - sorry.

Nice review Phil. No hype. Just juicy matter of fact details. Mad Professor line is one of my favorites so it's no surprise this one is is also top notch. Good job Sir and thank you.

:thu::cool::wave:

Thanks Rev - coming from such a highly experienced reviewer as yourself, that's high praise indeed. :cool::o

• Members

Dave & Phil, Killer reviews & believe if 2 old pro's such as yourself like this pedal as you said "outta the box", It has to be good!! I may not be able to get in to SF & may order from MF!! Does not sound as if one needs to wait & see if the hype dies down on THIS one!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Has anyone tried this pedal with a Les Paul yet? The only decent videos I can find feature strats and teles. It sounds GREAT but I'm wondering if it will get me the same warm fuzzy yet detailed sound but with humbuckers in a darker sounding Les Paul. If so, I'm thinking this pedal could create a Bonamassa style tone.

Thanks for all the great info so far!

• 1 month later...

Archived