Recomend me a phaser

• Members

Hey, im looking for a new phaser and im in need of some suggestions.

At the moment i have a boss ph-3 because at the time i was needing a phaser that could be in your face and a bit extreme.

Now ive totally gone off the ph-3 and im looking for something more mellow and smooth. It'll be used on a slower rate over a clean channel.

Budget:

• Members

Small stone, V4 big box.

More subtle? mojo Hand Nebula, a phase 45 is. Dod 210 if you want it cheaper.

Whetstone is awesome, but may be too much of the same small stone

I'd like to try a Grand Orbiter too.

Liking the Mojo Hand Nebula, not a company i was familiar with - never seen one in the uk. that looks like a really cool pedal! anyone know of anyone selling them in the UK?

• Members

Liking the Mojo Hand Nebula, not a company i was familiar with - never seen one in the uk. that looks like a really cool pedal! anyone know of anyone selling them in the UK?

Mojo Hand has Brad from Tonefactor behind, he also comes around here when needed. They make good stuff.

• Members

You want smooth?

Big Box Small Stone gets my vote. The rare kind of pedal I just want to sit and play through for a while for the sweet sound of if alone, rather than caring about what I'm actually playing.

More knobs would be a distraction, and the price is right too.

• Members

Big Box Small Stone is awesome, but if you want something mellow a Phase 45 will probably be worth checking out too. I've got a GGG Phase 45 clone and love it. these days my band calles for a little bit thicker and chewy phase effect so I don't use it anymore though.

• Members

After a long journey of phasers, I ended up where I started with the Malekko. Great for cleans! I like it for dirt too.

Though if the boss is too crazy, and you're wanting smooth, maybe get something Phase 90 based.

Basically most phasers (and I said most, not all, there are several exceptions) are Phase 90 based, or Small Stone based. Small Stones are a little more present and swirly. Phase 90's are more subtle. Most of the phasers in this thread are Small Stone ish:

Whetstone

Grand Orbiter

Malekko

The Nebula is the exception. It's a tricked out Phase 90. Though I vastly prefer Small Stone style phasers, if subtle is your desire, I'm thinkin the Nebula would be good. There's also the VFE Enterprise. It's pretty cool. Can be ridiculously subtle.

Archived