An Octave-down pedal that filters which freqs get pitch shifted?

• Members

Is there an octave pedal that puts a filter before the effect (but also sends an unflitered dry signal through in parallel) so that you can filter which frequency range gets the octave shift?

The keyboardist/bassist in my band just quit so the drummer and i are going on as a duo for now. I need to add some fat and i want to get an octave-down pedal, and i think it would be awesome if i could only have the octave-down added to frequencies i play that are under 150 hz or something like that. That way, if i play a full chord, only sounds from the bottom strings would get the octave.

Has anyone tried this? Could it work??

Or am i crazy? Would a low-pass filter that's only on the wet octave signal accomplish the same thing?

• Members

Boss OC-3. Its the only one.

this. you could kind of do it by splitting the signal and putting a LPF in front of the octave down, but the oc3 lets you set the range of pitches it will do (so you only get the root of the chord you play, etc)

• Members

my understanding is that the OC-3 ONLY octave'd the lowest note in what u were playing

That's a really good idea hangwire! Then the bass gets it's own amp too. Hopefully i could make that happen some day. I use a strat though and i don't want to lose any of its pickups, but I'll look into this.

I'll go try an OC-3 and find out exactly what it does. It might for now.

Thanks!

Archived