Guitar shipping question.

boytbpc

• Members

As I've mentioned before, I moving back to Canada for Turkey. Since I am a gov't contractor I have a few options for how to get my guitars home. I have 2 solidbody electrics, 2 acoustics, and 1 hollowbody electric with me. I have a few options on getting them all home (and can use any combination).

A.) USPS: Since I'm on a base, I have access to the USPS, insured and everything.

B.) Airline: I can check them as luggage on the plane.

C.) Movers: I can ship them in the crate. It will take 3 months, not be temperture controlled, etc, but it will be insured and packed professionally.

What would you do?

• Members

I've gone with all 3 options and haven't had problems yet.

If you go with the movers though, obviously take {censored} loads of pics, have them in a hard case, and make sure they go on top of everything in the crates. My whole collection survived a three month oversees ride one time. If you have the choice, obviously choose your first two options though.

• Members

wouldn't do movers. would probably just go USPS. do you have hardshell cases for all of them?

Have hardshell for MIA Strat and Acoustic, cheap 1960's cardboard hardshell for the hollowbody, and Reunion Blues Gig bag for the MIJ Jazzmaster.

Archived