OT: LASIK. Anyone had it?

Jisatsu

• Members

Second only to getting a vasectomy.

My wife talked to me about a vasectomy. My reply was that if she left me or died, I may marry a younger woman and want to have children with her.

The reply negated the need for a vasectomy for quite some time.

• Members

Yes. Second only to getting a vasectomy.

TMI? I can {censored} with no worries and actually see what I'm doing.

It was an interesting experience. It seems like the day before and all the way up to the surgery everyone wants to focus on what CAN go wrong, so I was uneasy as I laid in the chair. The whole suction cup to the eye ball as they cut the lens didn't help tide any feelings of anxiety. But it was a really quick procedure.

I actually just listened to a vasectomy horror story last night. Hah.

• Members

I had it done in '96. My eyesight was perfect for maybe 5 years and I wear glasses again now. Very light prescription compared to what I needed back then. I'm still glad I did it but don't want to go back and attempt a "touch-up".

• Members

I had it done in '96. My eyesight was perfect for maybe 5 years and I wear glasses again now. Very light prescription compared to what I needed back then. I'm still glad I did it but don't want to go back and attempt a "touch-up".

I was told to expect to wear glasses in 8-10 years, and would be eligible for a touch up if wanted. I just needed a break from hard contacts and glasses. After 18 years of contacts and 24 years of glasses I figured it was time for surgery.

• Members

I had it done in 2005. Still no glasses. I went to the optometrist recently for a gov't checkup. As he was looking at my eye with that microscope, I asked him how my scar looked, he replied "What scar?" I said, "From my Lasik." He didn't believe that I had Lasik.

So, {censored} all the bad stories, I had it. It was perfect. I love sleeping under the stars and being able to see them.

Archived