Olympics thread?

4nd3h

• Members

Here's an excellent report on what's going on behind the scenes:

"Brits near the Olympic Park have been subjected to sweeping censorship laws enacted by their government at the behest of the International Olympic Committee. Meanwhile, activists are outraged that the Olympics

• Members

Very good show. Paul McCartney {censored}ed up his backing track somehow, came in too late, then skipped a few lines to catch up, then they scrapped the backing track. Lesson is, don't use backing tracks. He must he gutted.

• Members

Jeez... the opening ceremony looked like it cost about a bazillion dollars. They coulda instead got the Stones, The Who, Led Zep, Blind Faith, Pink Floyd and the original Yardbirds for less money and had a way better show. Except for the parade of Olympic athletes.... I think, after seeing some of these young hotties... maybe they should consider making pr0n an Olympic event...

• Members

Jeez... the opening ceremony looked like it cost about a bazillion dollars. They coulda instead got the Stones, The Who, Led Zep, Blind Faith, Pink Floyd and
the original Yardbirds
for less money and had a way better show.

The Yardbirds

Original lineup

(Late May 1963 - October 1963)

Keith Relf - lead vocals, harmonica

Anthony "Top" Topham - lead guitar

Chris Dreja - rhythm guitar

Paul Samwell-Smith - bass, backing vocals

Jim McCarty - drums, backing vocals

Ummm...no.

• Members

Just caught like four seconds of
God Save The Queen
........by The Sex Pistols.

Then they went to commercial.

In the UK we had the full thing, start to finish, without commercials. Which is one of the advantages of the BBC.

I've been curmudgeonly and grumpy about the entire thing for weeks, but I have to say I thought it was pretty damn amazing.

• Members

Why not, I think that would be fantastic. Longer commutes would be a fine price to pay to be in and around the energy of something like the Olympics.

I worked in banks as support staff, that means that I would have to get to work earlier and leave later. No slacking off for me :(

Archived