Vox lil looper

primeholy

• Members

apparently, it's {censored}.. and degrades with every overdub and playback of a loop. ie no infinite loop. or so i've read here before. it's enough to dismiss it for me.. if anyone can't get it to loop properly it's not doing it's job.

the G3 might be a good option.. there's a few owners here..

• Members

apparently, it's {censored}.. and degrades with every overdub and playback of a loop. ie no infinite loop. or so i've read here before. it's enough to dismiss it for me.. if anyone can't get it to loop properly it's not doing it's job.

the G3 might be a good option.. there's a few owners here..

Thanks. I would get more out of the g3 as a whole. Just hope the looper would do what I want. I wish it would store loops :mad:

• Members

Uhm, there should be a double check on that, i remember someone here saying it degraded the loop quality, but only when continously overdubbing on it, like non-stop recording layers. I don't think it was the case on just recording a loop and playing it.

• Members

I have the first gen one with the multi effects unit built in and it does not degrade. I wonder if the person who posted that got a bad one or was using batteries? I remember that thread though
but I remember it a bit degraded

lol

• Members

Uhm, there should be a double check on that, i remember someone here saying it degraded the loop quality, but only when continously overdubbing on it, like non-stop recording layers. I don't think it was the case on just recording a loop and playing it.

Thats good to know. I wouldnt be doing lots of layers. I have some acoustic stuff coming up and would like to get a decent cheap looper since I will be the only guitar and would like to lay down some leads.

• Members

I watched some videos and still can't tell how the two loops work. I wonder if you can record one, switch to the secon loop to record another progression and the first will stop...I suppose you can toggle back and forth between the two.

• Members

I bought one and immediately sent it back because the sound quality during loop playback was terrible.

My unit would introduce digital sounding artifacts/distorition if you left it overdub mode (i.e. to stack loops) which renders it not fit for purpose IMHO.

If you want a quick 'grab and go' looper the Akai Headrush or Zoom G3 (if you want a bunch of effects thrown in as well) would be my recommendations...

• Members

There was a thread a while back about this, I typed something about there being a problem with the stop button for each individual track. It seemed like it functioned a little clumsy compared to the RC-30 which also has 2 tracks.

I never played the Zoom, but I have an RC-30 and use it all the time. 2 things I dont like about it are the lack of a rhythm track output (found on the digitech). And if you want track 1 or 2 to fade out you have to hit save first. You cant just have it set for on the fly loops.

• Members

Another question about these loopers. If I were to run it with my rig(mark V), could I have it set up where when I was on the clean channel, it would record clean, and when I switched to one of my dirty channels, it would record that dirty tone? I am a very basic effects noob.

• Members

I'm not exactly sure how you would get the amp dirt to the looper. I run mine before my amps input and use pedals for dirt. At first I was gonna say run it through your amp effects loop, but I'm thinking thats before the drive channel and still would loop clean and distort the whole loop when you hit the dirt channel.

Easier way would be to put a dirt pedal and/or effects before the looper and into the amp.

• 1 month later...

Archived