ATTN: Smokers

echodeluxe

• Members

I smoke, but I have cut down a lot in the past 3 or 4 months. Sometimes I'll go 24 hours without a cigarette. When I'm drinking, or with people who smoke a lot, I smoke a bit more, but I'm pretty pleased with myself as far as self moderation. I figure if I continue to scale down, I'll be able to quit easier.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

For those who tried it all... I did too. It was the evil in my life. Love smoking, hate the whole Can't breathe/gonna die/smell like ass/sneaking around the corner/lung cancer possibility thing. And still, I would do it.

Electronic cigarettes. Wow. Water vapor, nicotine. Whole habit changed. Can't believe I ended up preferring it to smoking. Cutting down on doses now, but this is the only thing that ever worked.

• Members

Used to smoke Newports, but they're 10 bucks out here, and 5 on the mainland. If I'm spending ten bucks on a pack, I'm getting American Spirits or Nat Shermans. I prefer the Perique blend :o

But normally I just roll my own. I like blending a nice Cavendish with some American Spirit, Kentucky Select (for cheapness), some nondescript pipe tobacco, or Bali Shag. My own blends usually taste better.

Mom smoked for 30 years. Lungs as healthy as a horse. If anything gets her, it'll be heart issues.
Grandad smoked for 30 years, lungs are healthy, but he eats too much red meat and salty foods :o
I've smoked for about 5 years, and am in better shape today than I was 5 years ago :o

If anything kills me, it'll be cirrhosis of the liver or a commie bullet.

Archived