Disaster Transport Delay

tattoedsailor

• Members

I had one, and really liked it. I sold it when I went from my Fender BD to the Vox. It was definitely noisier out in front with the Vox. Probably because I don't run the Vox super clean. If you use an effects loop, it should be fine, but on a Blues Jr. if you run the amp dirty, you might run into the same problem. Or maybe not. Any chance you can try one out first? It definitely does have a DMM vibe to it, I liked it better actually, and footswitchable modulation is a nice bonus.

• Members

go for the pigtronix echolution if you want a nice take on the DMM plus 100x more :love: best thing evar to happen to my pedalboard. also footswitchable modulation, does trem as well as chorus which are analog. tap tempo. its prety much 2 separate delays, can have the mod side set up as just a chorus or pitch vibrato or trem and the other side as tap tempo delay.

does whole bunch of subdivisions, little loops, plus the phi switch :love:

• Members

I had one, and really liked it. I sold it when I went from my Fender BD to the Vox. It was definitely noisier out in front with the Vox. Probably because I don't run the Vox super clean. If you use an effects loop, it should be fine, but on a Blues Jr. if you run the amp dirty, you might run into the same problem. Or maybe not. Any chance you can try one out first? It definitely does have a DMM vibe to it, I liked it better actually, and footswitchable modulation is a nice bonus.

I remember you had one at one time. I just picked one up one used for a good deal. I think it will probably work fine w/BJR. I modded the hell out of it. Upgraded the transformer, speaker, tone stack mod and replaced the caps. Really good clean headroom now. I call it my poor-mans Blackface.. I'm pretty much running the amp with dirt out front.

• Members

It's one hell of a delay. I've never played a DMM, so I can't really comment on that. But I actually liked the Disaster Transport more than most analog delay pedals I've played. It does have a bit of noise, which is inherent in the design, but the toanz more than made up for any noise. I only recently got rid of mine after having one for about two years - I don't regret the change I made, but I do sometimes miss the nearly infinite repeats melting into this mush of awesome.

• Members

Trey,how does it compare to the echobox?

The echobox is cleaner and clearer than the DT. If I add in a touch of modulation, it can cop a similar vibe to the DT without mod. I did a clip a while back - first in each riff/clip is the disaster transport jr (Ghost Disaster) and the second is the Echobox (without modulation) - except for the bit with fuzz, I think that is Echobox first. I would be happy with either, but feel like the Echobox was a better choice for me and the way I like to use delay.

http://soundcloud.com/t-rey/ghost-disaster-vs-echobox

• Members
i never thought it was anything like the DMM
:idk:

i guess with the tone control all the way to the right it could get kinda close to it

PGS demo sounds pretty damn close. Especially when he's playing old U2 cover with the slow modulation. Looking forward to trying it out.

Archived