Wampler Triple Recstortion...should I hit it?

scott944

• Members

Found a Wampler Triple Recstortion in a pawn shop today (you just never know!) for what appears to be a good price. Seems it was a limited edition back in '09, or so, with maybe only 100 made. Near as I can tell, the going rate seem to be $150-165. The one I found has an $89 price tag before the inevitable haggling. Thoughts?

• Members

If you can stand fast against brutal toanz that chug right through your core, this is THE pedal for you.

If you on the other hand are prone to wilt in a limp fashion in the face of such unrelenting hardcore this the THE pedal for you to ask a friend to check its awesome powers are in order and immediately flip without ever exposing yourself to its unadulterated savagery.

Are you made of the right stuff?

• 4 weeks later...
  • Members

Took a few weeks, but finally made it back to that pawn shop - and they still had it. To paraphrase the guy behind the counter, "...it's one of those guys who builds pedals in his basement. I don't get it. I can't hear the difference." Perhaps he's partly deaf. Tried it using a Greco/Ibanez (logo obscured by ball point ink) Iceman with a bolt on neck, one tone, one volume (which is an interesting piece in it's own right), into a Randall solid state half stack, set up clean. Saying that this rig brought the "rawk" would be the understatement of the decade. Got it for $79! Now I can't stop thinking about the Iceman...

• Members

Took a few weeks, but finally made it back to that pawn shop - and they still had it. To paraphrase the guy behind the counter, "...it's one of those guys who builds pedals in his basement. I don't get it. I can't hear the difference." Perhaps he's partly deaf. Tried it using a Greco/Ibanez (logo obscured by ball point ink) Iceman with a bolt on neck, one tone, one volume (which is an interesting piece in it's own right), into a Randall solid state half stack, set up clean. Saying that this rig brought the "rawk" would be the understatement of the decade. Got it for $79! Now I can't stop thinking about the Iceman...

I use the Triple Recstortion myself, picked up one back when they came out (more than a year before working here). It's the Triple Wreck without the boost that does the whole kerblam-fuzz thing, should sound identical (within the minor parts tolerance variance) to the distortion from a modern Triple Wreck.

Also, :lol: "one of those guys who builds pedals in his basement" - that's great. One hell of a basement to stock our network!

If you decide to sell it, give me first crack, I try to collect Wampler "oldies" :)

Archived