What's yer take on the Golden Cello pedal

Frets99

Dod fx57'd

Tried one today. Nice OD and the delay effect while a nice 80s feel has no repeats. So unless what I tried was defective, it's nothing like the GC.

On another note, the GC might just be the gateway boutique pedal for me. I'm reading about tha$180 reverb pedal with a new found lusting....:o

• Members

I like the Golden Cello a great deal but I also agree with the OP that the price is a bit heavy. I have some of Bjf's hand wired stuff (Baby Blue Overdrives) which I paid more for than the Golden Cello but they're no longer made and in a different class IMHO.

I happened to be visiting my local Guitar Center and saw that they only got 2 of them in and so I had to have one. But then I'm a gear slut so you can't base your buying decisions on mine.

:facepalm:

I'm very pleased with the pedal and I'm keeping it for certain but if I could have found a used one and saved about $50, I would have loved that even more, but I'm fairly certain it will be awhile before any used ones show up on the market. So I guess if you want to be at the cutting edge of the new stuff - you have to be willing to throw down the extra coin. In my case, with tax added - it came to $205 (ouch). :evil:

• Members

Like most BJF-affiliated products, it has a stupid name that doesn't describe what it is (I don't know what 'cello he's been listening to, anyway...), but it sounds decent enough for what it is. I have a nice delay pedal (big chip DD-3) and some nice dirt pedals. I paid less for them than I would pay for that single pedal over here.

Archived