Any reason why I should NOT buy a Hardwire Supernatural?

The Villano Dude

• Members

people seems to be G.A.S.'ing hard for this but i would like to see the levels of Enthusiasm for this pedal a year or two from now when the "newness" factor dies. i am not saying it doesn't suit any practical purposes or have any appeal outside of post-rock it just seems more like a want than a need pedal.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Quote Originally Posted by thom View Post
Of the top of my head, the only reason I can think of why I'd personally NOT get a Supernatural reverb if I were in the market for another nice reverb pedlol:

The TC Trinity is about $30 lessidn_smilie.gif
I had a Trinity and Supernatural at the same time. Compared em for a week. Sold the Trinity, although it too is a great pedal and the helicopter effect is great. It also has a tile setting that the Supernatural can't cop.
On the Supernatural, I found a use for the Pherb, used in combination with a Perseus (two octaves down with fuzz) and a fast vibrato pedal setting- sounds huge!

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by iblamesummers View Post
people seems to be G.A.S.'ing hard for this but i would like to see the levels of Enthusiasm for this pedal a year or two from now when the "newness" factor dies. i am not saying it doesn't suit any practical purposes or have any appeal outside of post-rock it just seems more like a want than a need pedal.
I hear you man. Although, I remember when the Cathedral hype was around. It died down and then I was able to pick one up for cheap. I still have it and don't think I will get rid of it unless I have to.

I can live with the Supernatural being post-rock.

Thanks for the comments though.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by The Villano Dude View Post
I hear you man. Although, I remember when the Cathedral hype was around. It died down and then I was able to pick one up for cheap. I still have it and don't think I will get rid of it unless I have to.

I can live with the Supernatural being post-rock.

Thanks for the comments though.
that's actually the pedal i need/would rather have. either that or the Digitech Hardwire Reverb. i think the Supernatural would be cool to have & i could definitely see myself using it. cool that Digitech has even managed to gin up some enthusiasm for their brand. i would personally jizz if they did a Timebender like reverb w/ like Everything in it i.e. the Digiverb/Hardwire Reverb/Supernatural but that is totally just wishful thinking--

just buy it !!! U-S-A !!!

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by iblamesummers View Post
that's actually the pedal i need/would rather have. either that or the Digitech Hardwire Reverb. i think the Supernatural would be cool to have & i could definitely see myself using it. cool that Digitech has even managed to gin up some enthusiasm for their brand. i would personally jizz if they did a Timebender like reverb w/ like Everything in it i.e. the Digiverb/Hardwire Reverb/Supernatural but that is totally just wishful thinking--

just buy it !!! U-S-A !!!
Oh man, a Timebender type reverb pedal could be awesome!

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by BrentMpls View Post
Because the Supermoon exsists? idn_smilie.gif
Did you finally get one?

Honest truth:

I can find a use for just about every pedal and honestly there isn't a lot of difference in a lot of them. I've found (for me) I could cop the same sound I was looking for out of overdrive with an SD-1, Plimsoul, OD820, and Paisley Drive. and the SD-1 was $29! On the other hand the PTD mini-bone just has a sound and dynamic that I can't replicate so I will always have that pedal.

Just try them all and keep what you like.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by BrentMpls View Post
Because the Supermoon exsists? idn_smilie.gif
Did you finally get one?

Honest truth:

I can find a use for just about every pedal and honestly there isn't a lot of difference in a lot of them. I've found (for me) I could cop the same sound I was looking for out of overdrive with an SD-1, Plimsoul, OD820, and Paisley Drive. and the SD-1 was $29! On the other hand the PTD mini-bone just has a sound and dynamic that I can't replicate so I will always have that pedal.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by BHz_econo

View Post

Did you finally get one?

Yeah its pretty groovy. I've always used my amp for reverb, so it was a fun 'treat' to try it out. The 'sway' (modulation) control obviously adds something new, and the depth/presence can get a lot greater. It is pretty cool and def allows you to get far out and groovy in space.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by BHz_econo View Post
Did you finally get one?

Honest truth:

True. I did find the PTD I picked up from you to sound different than most other things I have tried.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members
Quote Originally Posted by The Villano Dude View Post
True. I did find the PTD I picked up from you to sound different than most other things I have tried.
amen

if there's one thing jimmy knows its dynamics

oh and sound

when I hear him say something has a sound AND dynamic that he can't replicate well, you know

Archived