Populating a new board

satannica

• Members

So, just looking to populate a new pedalboard for the use with a peavey 6505 and Marshall jvm.

Things I have already...

Mason OD808

MXR KFK 10 band EQ

Dunlop DC Brick

I'm thinking I could use a decent delay, a compressor for cleans and maybe a flanger? I'd rather not go for a multi fx and I have no love for boutique stuff. Just looking to get a decent board with a few options. So, if you had

Yeah, you'll need a tuner if you don't already have one. I like Peterson's tuners. I'd definitely recommend a delay and an Orange Squeezer of some sort for the compressor. Can you solder? If so, there's a few DIY OS kits available. It's a simple circuit, and an easy "beginner's build" project. For the delay, I'm partial to the sound of analog delays, but you often pay a price in terms of shorter maximum delay time compared to what digital delays offer... but if you can live with ~550ms, consider the EHx Memory Boy. They're relatively inexpensive (~$122 USD) and they really sound good.

You know what I like on the cheap for flange? The old Boss BF-2. They are still easy to find, and very reasonably priced.

• Members

I would've said M9, but since you want analog...:

Boss CS-3: Easy to find dirt cheap any day of the week. The ultimate un-hip pedlol that no tgp'er wants to get caught dead with, but half of all gigging/touring guitarist swear by it:thu:

Delay: Digital, analog, digi-log, modeler,...? Any particular must have's in terms of specs/features?

Analog: Maxon AD999 for simple beauty, or for a bit more gizmos, a big box EHX DMM or the new Moog delay. On the more affordable non-booteek side: Carbon copy or memory boy.

Modelers: The DL4 still holds it's own impo, though it's recently gotten pretty tough competition from the Vox Delaylab. There's plenty others as well ofcourse, though the only other ones that really sticks out impo: DD20 and Superdelay. The later is pricey and well, booteek, so probably not for you I guess.

Tuner: GFS (decent, cheap) or Turbotuner (bees knees, affordable).

Archived