PSA: $25 for a $50 gift card to Musicians Friend through Living Social (like Groupon)

loosegroove

• Members

Just stole this from TGP since I'm looking to buy a Pedaltrain Mini soon.

Also the deal is cool since if 3 other people use your link to buy the deal, then you get yours free. So if it's cool with Phil, maybe we could post the referral links here and get each other free shiz!

EDIT: Use the link in hotmess' post since I'm all good now.

Once I get all my referrals (just need two more), I'll delete my link. And then people can use the next person's link posted until theirs is taken care of, and so on and so on.

Phil, feel free to nix this if it's not cool. I tried to PM you but this site was freezing on me during the PM process.

Thanks guys, hope this works out for a bunch of us to grab some new gear.

EDIT: Just one more referral and I'm out and we'll move to hotmess.

EDIT: Got 3 so mine is all set (though they were all TGP peeps, so thanks for nothing jerkstongue.gif). People hit up hotmess' link, not a bad deal. Ending up getting a pedaltrain mini for $19 since my deal ended up being free.

• Members

From a random Google search

"Living Social was offering a $50 voucher for the cost of $25 to MusiciansFriend.com in November of 2012. Although they state that it's a voucher, it is revealed that you are actually just purchasing a coupon code after you've made your payment to Living Social. And even worse, they do not list that the coupon codes are ineligible in 5 to 8 states until AFTER you make your purchase (it's not listed in the fine print). But to make matters worse, Musician's Friend, a daughter company of Guitar Center, will not honor these codes! Guitar Center itself does not recognize Living Social deals anymore either. Living Social is comprised of a bunch of crooks!"

• Members

Hmmm. Found a list of the states it doesn't work in: California, Indiana, Missouri, Utah, and Washington
Also, the deal must be used by Jan 7, 2013 otherwise it's only good for the purchase amount of $25 and not $50. Also full $50 must be spent all at once.
Folks on TGP have already used theirs (haven't tried mine yet), and I've bought a few deals on Living Social for local things, so I'm not sure what the deal is with the info obtained from the above google search.

EDIT: Just tried mine and it works fine for me. Just put the code in the "coupon code" or "promo code" section and it took $50 off.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by hotmess View Post

EDIT: {censored}, I don't think mine went to yours because I was busy Googling.
Doh! No worries. Hope we get this going and both of us get stuff for free. Otherwise it's still worth it since I'm getting $25 off on something I was going to buy anyway.

• Members

I just got the code from Living Social and tried to use it. No dice. But I chatted with a MF representative. They said I could use the code, but they were having website issues and I would need to call them to order. The code only covers regular items, no sale items or Stupid Deal of Day items. Also, expires 12-31-12. Just FYI.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by hotmess View Post
FYI

MF has restock Pathfinders for $99, so with the Living Social coupon, you can have a nice brand new amp for a total of $74.
Yeah, but with sale stuff you have to call to use the coupon. And then whether or not they'll let you use it is dependent on who answers on the other line.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by The Villano Dude

View Post

With sale stuff, do you mean specific sales or just any discounted item?

Not sure. But the rule does apply to discounted items that are like restocks, blems, used, etc. But if it's just a sale or clearance, I'm not so sure about those.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by hotmess

View Post

Not available to CA, IN, MO, UT, or WA

This is an error, there are not any state exclusions. We had them remove it from the fine print on their site, but it would seem they didn't remove it from the emails where they send the code. Sorry for the confusion.

Archived