Joyo AC Tone

LSDis4me

• Members

Got one of these for 20 bucks through the Marc Mart Mooer deal. Excellent sounding pedal! I don't really like the low gain tones, but medium gain is great. Like how it's dialed in here at 4:10

I didn't really like the Joyo American Sound (Fender tone). Didn't seem as good from what I remember of the Tech 21 Blonde, but I got rid of that pedal, too.

The Joyo Sweet Baby was decent, but too mid-rangey for my liking.

I expect to keep the AC Tone.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Quote Originally Posted by caeman

View Post

For you owners of these amp simulation pedals, are you running them by themselves or at end of your FX chain?

at the end, like an amp. but you can put it anywhere, really. especially if you turn off the speaker sim

• Members

just picked up a Joyo Crunch Distortion Saturday for $25 and am very pleased with the tones I got out of it at rehearsal. It's a great marshall sound for when I need it, which is most of the time. Seems well built but there are mixed reviews about the reliability so only time will tell there. The previous owner said he had it on his board for quite a while with no issues though so keepin' my fingers crossed.

• Members

I've got one and as far as overdrives go it ain't that bad. No fizz. I'm not that much of a pedal overdrive fan...I think amp overdrive is a better option. But this one seems to be okay. Not much money either so pretty safe to give it a try.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by LSDis4me

View Post

No speaker sim in the Joyos. The British Sound is okay, but I'm gonna sell mine.

I've got a British on order from marcmart but erm....it hasn't turned up yet and they don't seem to respond to emails. If it fails to materialise at least it was cheap and I didn't do too much moolah.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by caeman

View Post

I am interested in one of these joyos to put at the end of my FX chain because I am guitar amp-less. I thought an amp sim pedal might as some amp-like character. Maybe.

I'm after a decent EQ pedal to put in a chain with an AC-Tone and a Tech 21 Leeds. The speaker sim on the Leeds is not that great and I prefer it left off. Other than that it's fantastic. I think an EQ pedal will provide some more flexibility.

• Members

At the beginning of the video you unplug the power cord and that shows that Joyo lied - On my AC Tone you can read "TRUE BYPASS" near the foot switch and that is obviously wrong!

Also I find the AC Tone very noisy, even at low gain settings.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by mchad View Post
I'm after a decent EQ pedal to put in a chain with an AC-Tone and a Tech 21 Leeds.
WMD Utility Parametric EQ.

The speaker sim on the Leeds is not that great and I prefer it left off. Other than that it's fantastic. I think an EQ pedal will provide some more flexibility.
Speaker sims. Are they mostly a treble roll-off function? If so, it seems like you achieve the same effect the MXR 10-band EQ.

• Members
I've got a British on order from marcmart but erm....it hasn't turned up yet and they don't seem to respond to emails. If it fails to materialise at least it was cheap and I didn't do too much moolah.
I got big 3 orders from MarcMart. They took varying lengths of time to arrive, but everything showed up eventually.

I'm after a decent EQ pedal to put in a chain with an AC-Tone and a Tech 21 Leeds. The speaker sim on the Leeds is not that great and I prefer it left off. Other than that it's fantastic. I think an EQ pedal will provide some more flexibility.
I have the Leeds as well as the AC Tone. Are you talking about using the speaker sim on the Leeds going into an amplifier, or into a PA or computer?

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by caeman View Post
WMD Utility Parametric EQ.

Speaker sims. Are they mostly a treble roll-off function? If so, it seems like you achieve the same effect the MXR 10-band EQ.
The treble roll off occurs with the sim switched out. I think an EQ pedal is going to allow greater tone sculpting.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by LSDis4me View Post
I got big 3 orders from MarcMart. They took varying lengths of time to arrive, but everything showed up eventually.

I have the Leeds as well as the AC Tone. Are you talking about using the speaker sim on the Leeds going into an amplifier, or into a PA or computer?
Into a computer. I don't use the sim. I like the Leeds a lot but into a guitar amp not so much. As you may have discovered those Tech 21 Character pedals have very sensitive controls and are capable of heaps of tones. Lots 'o tweaking.

Archived