Live vocal effects box (with XLR)?

arcadesonfire

• Members

Could anyone suggest some affordable vocal multi-effects boxes with XLR in/out I should look at for my singer? We want something with reverb, delay, some EQ/drive, and maybe doubling/chorus. Something that can be less than $250 used. It looked like the TC Helicon Voicetone Create had everything, but tons of the reviews talk about how it randomly freezes up during performance. LOTS of reviews say this. I want something dependable. Any thoughts?? Thanks!!

• Members

Check out the individual TC electronics Voicetone pedals too, D1, T1, E1. They range from $130 on up, but it's nice to be able to get them 1 at a time and just add them as you need. I've used a few Vocal FX pedals in my time and have settled on the Harmony G-XT. It does what I need and doesn't get lost in the mix like just about every other pedal I tried. I don't specifically need delays and verb effects so much as harmonies and doubling, so the Harmony G-XT was perfect for me.

• Members

I got a good deal on that Boss Vocal pedal a few months back and hated it. Few weeks ago I got the TC Create XT and love it. Sounds good, cuts through nicely, and the A/B function is handy. I never had a problem with it cutting out, only problem if anything, is it can give some feedback depending on the setting.

Compared to that Boss pedal it was worth the extra money, and I'm no where near done with learning all the presets and all the features.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by captions87

View Post

I have the Voicetone Create (non-XT), and have been using it for gigs since January. Sounds great with some really cool sounds, and hasn't froze up on me. The A/B feature is my favorite.

Pretty much this. I've had one for several years and never had a problem with it.

Archived