BOTB12 - Best Budget Board

Aristotle

• Members

I don't normally use the chain I'm showing here, but played through it a few days and wow was it fun. Unwieldy, but I don't think there's another board in the entire contest that will do what it does. Low-sweep wah into Muff MIXING with clean tones. The Super American Metal set to insane bassy scoop, echo, mixing with OD or whatever. The entire top row on, producing endless French Toasted, flanged synthetica, mixed in with mostly clean, but then all rammed through the second compressor.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by woolyh

View Post

I came in here to vote for Radiosilence confused.gif

I decided not to play this year, I'm just not feeling it. I haven't had my pedals out of the drawer since last year's comp - I've been plugging straight into my amp if I've even been plugging in at all.

And of course, nobody can say they beat me if I don't play wink.gif

• Members

Flanging Fred is my favorite. Cheap pedals that are very effective at what they do. Has all the basic effects you want, lots of analogue. If a few factors were different, I'd use almost exactly the same rig. I wish I had mine together to enter. Being poor sucks. I'm pretty sure it's going to be...

Jimi Hendrix Fuzz Wah > Cool Cat Tremolo > Behringer Sansamp 2 > Digitech Digidelay

...or an EX-7 in place of the fuzz wah.

• Members

Haha. Last. Again. In the budget catagory. Hey, how easy is it to hit those Mooer pedal switches on a dark stage? Stop it Fred, don't be a little butthurt b!tch. That Mooer board actually looks sweet.

Well screw you guys I'm gonna sell my house and buy Klonses and Landgraff n {censored} and move to TGP. That'll teach you.

No. I'm going to drive to the woods and put a hose though the windscreen. Then you'll all feel guilty. HA gotcha. Ah no cant do that, my wife would kill me.

Even my cool rare Dod didn't raise any wood. Bah Humbug.

Pathetic fail.

See u next year smile.gif

P.s thx Cobalt. I love my fail board.

• Members

Hey Fred,

Your board is fantastic! Seriously. I love me some good old Arion (have an SCH-1, SPH-1, but have never had the pleasure of an SAD-1).

I don't get to play on dark stages ATM, but I do play on lighted stages and they're actually pretty easy to hit. I think any more than 5 and it might be more of a challenge (though I already have a pitch box, and I think I have a reecho on the way for Christmas, so how long I can last at 5 is anyone's guess).

Don't get dead, I came dead last in another category last year and look at me now! No Klonses required.

• Members

Hey Stevemcb

I actually love those Mooers, I was considering putting my hustle drive & trelicopter on my board but couldn't be bothered with the hassle in the end. I'm an Arion fanboi too, my old grey box sph1 was fantastic until it broke, it's worth looking for an old SOD-1 as well. Cracking overdrive pedal that is, cheap too. In many respects I prefer it to my TIM.

Cheers.

Archived