Fuzz Comparison Clip

t-rey

• Members

Decided to make a clip comparing all of my fuzzes since this is way more than I usually have around. It's pretty much just me playing one Shrinebuilder riff, but you get the idea of how they all sound.

The order is Dream Crusher, Pharaoh, Fix'd Fuzz (Fuzz 1, Tone, Boost), Musket, Dirt Transmitter.

FUZZZZZZZZZZ

Rig was SG Classic, Blackstar HT-5, 2x12 with v30ish speakers.

Here's the board showing how everything was set:

F6B1C5EB-E647-4113-AA16-85AE1FBA4847-860

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by ben_allison

View Post

Dream Crusher and Pharaoh sounded bad ass.

Are you able to dial the Pharaoh to sound more like the Dream Crusher did? More "crisp" and "tight" and "sharp"

If you back the gain of the Dream Crusher down below 3oclock it gets a bit more crisp or tight - looses some of it's hugeness though.

Quote Originally Posted by Grueller

View Post

Thanks for the demo. The EQD's were my faves - Dream Crusher for the sound, but Dirt Transmitter for the style.

Yeah man, the Dirt Transmitter is a beast. I have the bias set low to be all splatty and velcroy, but it can actually cop some of the same tones that the Dream Crusher can.

Quote Originally Posted by misterstomach

View Post

you should familiarize yourself with the ghost echo ASAP. {censored}ing killer reverb pedal.

also, you might need glasses if that looks like "ghost rape" to you.

These things. But it does kinda look like it could say Ghost Rape if you just glance at it icon_lol.gif

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by ben_allison

View Post

Dream Crusher and Pharaoh sounded bad ass.

Are you able to dial the Pharaoh to sound more like the Dream Crusher did? More "crisp" and "tight" and "sharp"

If you back the gain of the Dream Crusher down below 3oclock it gets a bit more crisp or tight - looses some of it's hugeness though.

Quote Originally Posted by Grueller

View Post

Thanks for the demo. The EQD's were my faves - Dream Crusher for the sound, but Dirt Transmitter for the style.

Yeah man, the Dirt Transmitter is a beast. I have the bias set low to be all splatty and velcroy, but it can actually cop some of the same tones that the Dream Crusher can.

View Post

you should familiarize yourself with the ghost echo ASAP. {censored}ing killer reverb pedal.

These things. But it does kinda look like it could say Ghost Rape if you just glance at it icon_lol.gif

• Members

View Post

Everything looks like Ghost Rape to me...

Quote Originally Posted by t-rey

View Post

I'm curious if the Pharaoh can get a bit tighter though; I think the Dream Crusher seemed a bit more "sharp" or "modern" in that clip.

What transistors was the Pharaoh set to?

• Members

View Post

Everything looks like Ghost Rape to me...

Quote Originally Posted by t-rey

View Post

I'm curious if the Pharaoh can get a bit tighter though; I think the Dream Crusher seemed a bit more "sharp" or "modern" in that clip.

What transistors was the Pharaoh set to?

Archived