Which Looper pedal is good for me?

privatejoe

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Crxsh

View Post

Uh... yes it does.

nope, the looper on the dl-8 is great. its just enough loop/overdub some simple stuff. it doesnt have any wacky quantizing, it just relies on the user manipulating it correctly. the separate stereo paths still exist while looping, which is pretty neat.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Quote Originally Posted by Crxsh

View Post

Uh... yes it does.

nope, the looper on the dl-8 is great. its just enough loop/overdub some simple stuff. it doesnt have any wacky quantizing, it just relies on the user manipulating it correctly. the separate stereo paths still exist while looping, which is pretty neat.

• Members

DL-8 does 20 seconds, I believe. I haven't yet tried to record something that maxed it out, so I'd say 20 seconds is plenty. I have the Digidelay, too, and while it's good for looping short riffs, 4 seconds is usually too short for chord progressions. Now I use the Digi for its tape mode and the Hardwire pretty much just as a looper.

Depending on how much the new Ditto ends up costing, I'd say get a delay that also has a loop function since OP wants something very simple. No sense having a unitasker when there are good options out there with extras for similar money. So unless the Ditto is like $60, which is very unlikely, Hardwire DL-8, Boss-DD7 or something along those lines is the best bet. I got the DL-8 used at Sam Ash for $80 and I feel like I got a great deal.

Edit: Nvm, like three people beat me to confirming the DL-8 loop time before HC finished uploading my reply.

• Members

DL-8 does 20 seconds, I believe. I haven't yet tried to record something that maxed it out, so I'd say 20 seconds is plenty. I have the Digidelay, too, and while it's good for looping short riffs, 4 seconds is usually too short for chord progressions. Now I use the Digi for its tape mode and the Hardwire pretty much just as a looper.

Depending on how much the new Ditto ends up costing, I'd say get a delay that also has a loop function since OP wants something very simple. No sense having a unitasker when there are good options out there with extras for similar money. So unless the Ditto is like $60, which is very unlikely, Hardwire DL-8, Boss-DD7 or something along those lines is the best bet. I got the DL-8 used at Sam Ash for $80 and I feel like I got a great deal.

Edit: Nvm, like three people beat me to confirming the DL-8 loop time before HC finished uploading my reply.

Archived