The "FUZZ" Lounge

fuzzface71

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

who owns or used a Fix'd Fuzz?

it was a long time one of the "must have" Fuzzpedals for me, but i come more and more to a love hate relationship with the fix'd.

a.t.m. i only use the boost option for cleans or the fuz:2 without boost or eq with slow phaser and delay for some creepy stuff.

but thats all and i dont like the eq enabled with one of the fuzz circuits today.

ok fuz:1 + fuz:2 is funny and can do some brutal {censored}...

whats your opnion HCFX and who still use his fix'd and how?

:snax:

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

I added a BigFootFX Spaghetti Western Fuzz to my board.

swfz.JPG

I was looking for a higher gain, horn-like fuzz and this hand-made pedal gave me exactly what I was listening to in my head.

Being a typical pedal-head, now that I have satisfied that urge, the next urge begins to form. I have my eye on two different fuzz pedals that are very different from what I currently own (both being silicon fuzzes). The first is the Wilson Effects Meat Grinder and the second is the FEA Labs Photon Fuzz. The Meat Grinder is a germanium fuzz. The Photon Fuzz is photon-based.

Meat_Grinder-271x401.jpg

PHF-0001-Large.jpg

The Meat Grinder's price is a tad more affordable ($122 vs $195) but the sound of them both have me intrigued.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Members

I've never been crazy for fuzz pedals but decided to give one a go a few months ago and picked up a Blackout Effectors Musket. It's a really nice swiss army muff that stacks well with other pedals.

Classic Rock - Black Sabbath tone

[YOUTUBE]r-uwTKVmsZI[/YOUTUBE]

Grunge rock tone - Alice in Chains

[YOUTUBE]pPypT1Wwq8g[/YOUTUBE]

• 1 month later...

Archived