Buzzaround clones

sparkfriction

• Members

many brands builds clones... but dunno wich one is good
:idk:

http://erafuzz.com/home.html
Era Fuzz is one of the first hits on google - never heard that name.
:D

P.S.: just read a. heard good things about creepy fingers...

FWIW all buzarounds have a bias control. Its called "Balance" on a Buzzaround.

This is the one I make:

(top left)

P1020584.jpg

inside

P1020574.jpg

• Members

So Paul, does this mean you're hanging on to my old SP? It is a great pedal! I'd love to give yours a try some day.

Yea, I love the art. Beautifully done inside and out. I'm shooting for the same base buzzaround tone with options for bass, treble, a hard gate "seize" switch, master vol. NPN Ge.

I would keep the Montgomery too, (it was one of my keepers. The size is great, beautiful build) I'm trying to fund a run of prefabbed mini encloseures and the deposit cleaned me out.

• Members

hey Dave - is it possible to get one of your older buzzaounds? like the one in the video? sorry cant find good pics. it was the one Kayzer owned a time...

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQWOY7aSYHwCKCdITT_bYU
CIMG4051.jpg

The new ones are really a lot better than those were and I honestly dont like those enclosures very much at all. They are bulky and expensive, they only allow limited knob arrangement, and they have feet so putting velcro on the bottom is never very stable. All my stuff is in small boxes now for more steamlined construction and less wasted board space. The new ones sound better as well.

I think the master volume some people tack onto the end of the circuit is sort of useless. If you only play at bedroom volumes then maybe it would be helpful but the controls on the pedal are very effective for getting a wide variety of sounds. The master volume just isn't the way the pedal was designed to work.

• Members

The new ones are really a lot better than those were and I honestly dont like those enclosures very much at all. They are bulky and expensive, they only allow limited knob arrangement, and they have feet so putting velcro on the bottom is never very stable. All my stuff is in small boxes now for more steamlined construction and less wasted board space. The new ones sound better as well.

I think the master volume some people tack onto the end of the circuit is sort of useless. If you only play at bedroom volumes then maybe it would be helpful but the controls on the pedal are very effective for getting a wide variety of sounds. The master volume just isn't the way the pedal was designed to work.

Just out of curiosity, how much do your buzzarounds retail for? I couldn't find any prices.

• Members

ah ok, yeah that makes sense... btw. you current stuff looks great :thu:

• Members

Getting ready to get one out there too. It'll be a heck of a lot cheaper too, Shameless plug is just about over. There is a little demo of it on my facebook page that I recorded with my Iphone. Crappy audio but I did it in a snap.

384958_2579440086584_1271871264_2992513_

Link to Iphone demo

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=2564507433277

The ones mentioned above sound pretty killer as well. I agree every demo burgs does is da Bomb!!!

• Members

Getting ready to get one out there too. It'll be a heck of a lot cheaper too, Shameless plug is just about over. There is a little demo of it on my facebook page that I recorded with my Iphone. Crappy audio but I did it in a snap.

384958_2579440086584_1271871264_2992513_

Link to Iphone demo

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=2564507433277

The ones mentioned above sound pretty killer as well. I agree every demo burgs does is da Bomb!!!

What happened to the demo? :(

• 1 year later...

Archived